Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Gloss black roof and spoiler

Hi everyone! I'm new to this forum.

This is my second IS300h (the first one "went) in a car crash). I've decided to modify it slightly- what do you think?

- Got the roof done today.
- Ordered a carbon spoiler on eBay.

What do you guys think?

$_57.JPG

52fd67as-960.jpge4fd67as-960.jpg4f7d67as-960.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rayaans said:

each to their own, dont like it, doesnt go well with white/red/black and somewhat clashes to my eyes

I see your point! But I just got bored of the stock look, so we'll see if this sticks or not

12 minutes ago, A_K said:

@DVM the Dealer in Hatfield has a similar one with wing mirrors wrapped too.

You might find some inspiration here (click me)

Indeed! Doesn't have many optional features though... Surprising, to be honest..... 
But mine will look sportier once the spoiler gets here!

15 minutes ago, DanD said:

I like it. It makes it look like it's got a glass roof.

Paint or wrap?

Thanks for the positive feedback! 
It has been wrapped- took me a while to decide between carbon, that will look cleaner (even after rain), or gloss black, but I thought that the black looks nicer. Took the guys ages to get the "shark fin" (antenna) done, but the end result was pleasing. 

I like the black roof looks good. I would go with the OEM design type spoiler in body colour though, to much after-market tat looks naff imho.  If you like it though is really all that counts.

Post some pics once done.

Ed:winkiss:

5 hours ago, capese21 said:

I like the black roof looks good. I would go with the OEM design type spoiler in body colour though, to much after-market tat looks naff imho.  If you like it though is really all that counts.

Post some pics once done.

What does the OEM spoiler look like?
I know what you mean, but I think that the carbon spoiler will go well with the black roof, although we'll see. Besides, I want something truly original and unique!
Sure thing, I'll post some photos!

11 hours ago, DVM said:

What does the OEM spoiler look like?
I know what you mean, but I think that the carbon spoiler will go well with the black roof, although we'll see. Besides, I want something truly original and unique!
Sure thing, I'll post some photos!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UNPAINTED-FOR-LEXUS-IS250-IS350-IS300h-F-SPORT-F-TYPE-REAR-TRUNK-WING-SPOILER-/231706853199?hash=item35f2cdff4f:g:aXkAAOSw9r1WDO9U

Maybe even painted black although I would go for white to match your car.

On 22/01/2016 at 2:02 PM, DVM said:

Thanks for the positive feedback! 
It has been wrapped- took me a while to decide between carbon, that will look cleaner (even after rain), or gloss black, but I thought that the black looks nicer. Took the guys ages to get the "shark fin" (antenna) done, but the end result was pleasing. 

Where did you get the wrap done and how much?

2 hours ago, capese21 said:

Thanks for the link!

Personally, I'm not a big fan of this design, because it doesn't exactly look like the spoiler was designed for this car- it looks strange from the side. But I agree that sometimes a white spoiler looks much better!

1 hour ago, t4citurn said:

Where did you get the wrap done and how much?

I went to Polimax (in London, next to Westfield). It cost me £145, but you have to pay about £10 extra if you want the "shark fin" done as well.

33 minutes ago, DVM said:

Thanks for the link!

Personally, I'm not a big fan of this design, because it doesn't exactly look like the spoiler was designed for this car- it looks strange from the side. But I agree that sometimes a white spoiler looks much better!

It is what Lexus designed for the is300h !!

I wanted the OEM but Lexus charge £800 not including painting. The linked one is the same design for about £200 including paint.

4 hours ago, capese21 said:

It is what Lexus designed for the is300h !!

I wanted the OEM but Lexus charge £800 not including painting. The linked one is the same design for about £200 including paint.

that's the main issue- not only does it look quite... cheap, in my opinion, but it also costs five times what I paid for a carbon spoiler that will look much better. 
Besides, the OEM spoiler is too bulky, IMHO.

I would rather my car looked factory fitted rather than after market add on.. Each to their own and as I said its your car to do with as you want.  The OEM spoiler isn't cheap far from it and is what many fsports are fitted with from new. The eBay one is exactly the same design & quality except the Lexus price. 

Post some pics once fitted.

8 hours ago, capese21 said:

I would rather my car looked factory fitted rather than after market add on.. Each to their own and as I said its your car to do with as you want.  The OEM spoiler isn't cheap far from it and is what many fsports are fitted with from new. The ebay one is exactly the same design & quality except the Lexus price. 

Post some pics once fitted.

Yes, as you said- each to their own, so it's simply a question of preference. And the price of the OEM spoiler is precisely what turned me off- I truly believe that it is not worth the money. 
The eBay one has a different design though- look at the edges and the way it doesn't go around the badge- it avoids it fully, which is something I quite like!

Sure, I'll post some pics!

5 hours ago, DVM said:

Yes, as you said- each to their own, so it's simply a question of preference. And the price of the OEM spoiler is precisely what turned me off- I truly believe that it is not worth the money. 
The Ebay one has a different design though- look at the edges and the way it doesn't go around the badge- it avoids it fully, which is something I quite like!

Sure, I'll post some pics!

The OEM Lexus & the linked one are the same design. :wallbash::rolleyes:

6 hours ago, capese21 said:

The OEM Lexus & the linked one are the same design. :wallbash::rolleyes:

Not at all- look at the picture I posted again- they may well be the same size, but the shape is different! The same goes for the materials.

32 minutes ago, DVM said:

Not at all- look at the picture I posted again- they may well be the same size, but the shape is different! The same goes for the materials.

I am on about the one I linked which is exactly the same as the OEM Lexus type but loads less £.   Its your car and if you like the after market type then nothing else matters. Post some pictures once fitted.  I doubt it will be real carbon fibre more likely ABS

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UNPAINTED-FOR-LEXUS-IS250-IS350-IS300h-F-SPORT-F-TYPE-REAR-TRUNK-WING-SPOILER-/231706853199?hash=item35f2cdff4f:g:aXkAAOSw9r1WDO9U&clk_rvr_id=972019098182&afsrc=1&rmvSB=true

Ed:yahoo:

49 minutes ago, capese21 said:

I am on about the one I linked which is exactly the same as the OEM Lexus type but loads less £.   Its your car and if you like the after market type then nothing else matters. Post some pictures once fitted.  I doubt it will be real carbon fibre more likely ABS

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UNPAINTED-FOR-LEXUS-IS250-IS350-IS300h-F-SPORT-F-TYPE-REAR-TRUNK-WING-SPOILER-/231706853199?hash=item35f2cdff4f:g:aXkAAOSw9r1WDO9U&clk_rvr_id=972019098182&afsrc=1&rmvSB=true

Ed:yahoo:

Oh, ok. Yeah, it does cost a lot less. I doubt it too, but you never know- after all, it isn't that expensive today.

On 1/21/2016 at 8:48 PM, DVM said:

Hi everyone! I'm new to this forum.

This is my second IS300h (the first one "went) in a car crash). I've decided to modify it slightly- what do you think?

- Got the roof done today.
- Ordered a carbon spoiler on Ebay.

What do you guys think?

$_57.JPG

52fd67as-960.jpge4fd67as-960.jpg4f7d67as-960.jpg

I think it looks rather nice. I've got a white IS300h myself and I've been mulling over whether or not to do the same thing to mine. There is an addition you can do just to make it look more sleek. That is, to have the chrome surround on the grille wrapped in black, and maybe the giant Lexus badge too. It just looks a little silly in my opinion - but I think that any form of chrome on any car looks silly.

I've been thinking of replacing my IS300h as the constant drone of the CVT gearbox has really started to wear down on me, but have decided against it. Ultimately, I think I'll be making some modifications of my own - slowly, but surely.

1) Wrap the roof and chrome surround on the grille in black

2) Add a black front lip and side skirts

3) Smoke the front and rear lights - not too dark though, just a subtle enhancement

4) Tint the windows

5) Install a rear spoiler - black/white i haven't decided yet

6) Replace the orange indicator bulbs - what was Lexus thinking?! 

Ideally, I would like to extract a little more power from the engine, but that remains to be seen. I appreciate the IS300h isn't designed to be thrashed, but I feel it could do with some enhancements if possible. So, if anyone has any sensible ideas of how some power can be extracted from the engine, leave a reply and I shall take it for further consideration.

P.S. If only the car would hold revs nearer the redline in sport and 'useless' manual mode!

6 hours ago, Slickk said:

I think it looks rather nice. I've got a white IS300h myself and I've been mulling over whether or not to do the same thing to mine. There is an addition you can do just to make it look more sleek. That is, to have the chrome surround on the grille wrapped in black, and maybe the giant Lexus badge too. It just looks a little silly in my opinion - but I think that any form of chrome on any car looks silly.

I've been thinking of replacing my IS300h as the constant drone of the CVT gearbox has really started to wear down on me, but have decided against it. Ultimately, I think I'll be making some modifications of my own - slowly, but surely.

1) Wrap the roof and chrome surround on the grille in black

2) Add a black front lip and side skirts

3) Smoke the front and rear lights - not too dark though, just a subtle enhancement

4) Tint the windows

5) Install a rear spoiler - black/white i haven't decided yet

6) Replace the orange indicator bulbs - what was Lexus thinking?! 

Ideally, I would like to extract a little more power from the engine, but that remains to be seen. I appreciate the IS300h isn't designed to be thrashed, but I feel it could do with some enhancements if possible. So, if anyone has any sensible ideas of how some power can be extracted from the engine, leave a reply and I shall take it for further consideration.

P.S. If only the car would hold revs nearer the redline in sport and 'useless' manual mode!

Im surprised you need more power from the IS300h and Im quite worried about the droning noise you speak of. What is this exactly? Mine goes like a bat out of hell from a stop light and isn't exactly what Id call slow in fact Im sure in-gear acceleration would beat a lot of faster cars.

8 hours ago, Slickk said:

My fsport doesnt drone certainly not from the gears. You can here the engine revving when gunning it but pretty much silent the rest of the time.  Are you allowed to add all that kind of stuff to a car on a PCP?

9 hours ago, capese21 said:

My fsport doesnt drone certainly not from the gears. You can here the engine revving when gunning it but pretty much silent the rest of the time.  Are you allowed to add all that kind of stuff to a car on a PCP?

I'm certain that you can make additions to a car on PCP, of course, within certain limits and maybe dealer approval. This isn't an issue for me, I cleared the finance last month. It's not an unusual drone as such, it's my first car with a CVT gearbox and it sounds woeful to my ears. I assume It'll take some getting used to.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links