Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Approved Used Lexus - Exhaust

Harpreet

I have emailed them again with this information. 

Let see if they reply today. 

Hoping for lexus uk to come back tomorrow as well. 

Never thought i will have to go through all this. 

Regards

Had a chat with warranty admin. He said corrosion is not covered in the initial three months wear and tear warranty. He rudely refused to consider corrosion as wear and tear. 

Lexus Aberdeen just had the same response  from them  

Back to Lexus Bolton for resolution. 

What does wear and tear cover on exhaust system?

If no joy from Bolton, who could not have done a proper undercar inspection as required by Lexus UK to sell as used approved then Sale of Goods Act. Either way it would come under the remit of the sales dept. Surprised Lexus UK have not stepped in.

The bottom line clearly states you are covered for the exhaust as it has happened within 3 months or 3000 miles :biggrin:

Still doesn't look like the slit has been caused by corrosion looks like it has been struck by something, also what do Lexus say about the obvious white exhaust bodging paste remains clearly visible on the photograph.

Come on Lexus Bolton play the game, what happens to a mild steel exhaust when it begins to wear .....it goes rusty and corrodes!

I wish things were bit easy on getting this exhaust done. Warranty people say wear and tear is different to corrosion and they wont cover it. End of story. 

I got a so called courtsey call from Bolton Gen Manager saying they are looking into it. That they need to dig it deeper and go through MOT inspection etc etc. Although it was notified to them ten days ago, he claimed that he has only been made aware of this just now. Well what can I say  

I have booked the repair to be done at Wallace Aberdeen. They will weld a new pipe section to the box with a new flange. All in for 120. It will be done on Monday  

Learnt my lesson - never buy an approved Lexus. Or ask for full inspection report and video. And avoid Bolton at any cost. 

Lexus UK said they are dealing with it. I called RRG group as well but sadly they havent called me back. Its better to avoid all this stress and get it done. 

Finally Lexus Bolton agreed to pay for the replacement middle section. Not the OEM part but a replacement from exhaust speciallist    

I called the RRG group headoffice this morning and she could not be more helpful. I explained everything and she said she will take care of it. 

I will update once its replaced next week. 

Thank you for your suggestions. This forum is helpful. 

Took long enough for them to agree to this but hopefully it will resolve the matter at no cost to you. Amazing that they don't want to pay for OEM. Hopefully the rest of the exhaust system is OK. 

Out of interest, did Bolton carry out the MOT or did they get it done elsewhere?

Lexus Bolton carried out the MOT. 

their argument waa they did not make mistake in inspection and mot so this corrosion has happened after they sold the car. And they are sorting it out as a good will gesture. I asked them to send me an email that they will pay for it. Email has arrived. 

So they are saying that in 2 months the corrosion was as bad as that and that would mean they are implying that you attempted a repair with the exhaust paste too! I bet they wouldn't have passed it on MOT had it been owned by a customer rather than owned by them. Glad it is sorted.

Never had any trouble from RRG group myself and Ive visited all four branches and bought cars from 2 of them including servicing.

TBF to them, 2 months is a long time especially if the car is parked outside. When my wife's IS had a little prang, the metal underneath rusted within 3 days and no advisories on the MOT would suggest it happened afterwards

But its sorted out anyway thats the main thing.

Agree with you rayaans

but the thing is there was an existing paste repair done to the exhaust which in my opinion was a substandard to Lexus approved inspection. 

Also corrosion consitute a failure item if it is likely to develop/disintegrate further with in three months of MOT. 

Well its sorted now. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links