Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Auto Folding mirrors IS250

Hi All 

This may just be a no answer but I'm going to ask anyway. 

I would love my mirrors to fold in automatically when I lock the car, and unfold when unlocking. Is this possible with any add-on or settings change? 

Thanks

GT

Contact Michael in Sydney ('Ashpoint' on this forum) for the Po-40 folding mirror kit. Lots of us here have used it. Just search in the box at the top of the page and you'll find lots of stuff about it and contact details.

6 hours ago, johnatg said:

I think they came in with the 2010 facelift.

+1 to that...John is right.

It can be a bit unnerving on a frozen day. The mirrors will attempt opening when frozen .... so be careful.

If I know it is going to freeze overnight, I try to remember to manually flip up the mirrors before I get out. Then they stay up when you unlock next morning.

I didn't know I had this feature on my MY11 F-Sport, after five years of ownership!

I don't really need it as the car is always garaged and I need all the clearance I can get to get the car out of the garage :-)

However, do I need to change something in "settings" to activate the function?

Argento

If you have the button on the F Sport (sorry I'm not sure ... but it probably has, I would have thought)

Then its the furthest button from you on the door armrest. Its a square button that is either 'up' or 'down'.

Turn the ignition on and try pressing the button and you should see the mirrors move back up to the stowed position.

Normski, great to hear from you again.

I can't get to the car right now, so I can't have a look/test.

But I have a button where you say.

I use it a lot.

When I put the car in the garage, I press and the mirrors retract.

Once I've got the car out of the garage, I press it again and they fold out.

Works great.  Unlike a Golf GTI MkV  I had 6 years ago; they never worked properly.

Now, are you saying that there is _another_ button somewhere near there?

Argento

OK I'm confuzzled now!!

I thought you were saying you did not know where this button was .... but clearly you do.

What I'm saying is (if you are out in the freezy stuff) then, ... If you know it is going to freeze overnight, try to remember to manually flip up the mirrors before you turn off the ignition and get out of the car. Then the mirrors stay up when you unlock the car next morning...ie they won't unfold automatically against the constraints of the ice.

Sorry for confusing you.

I  understand you re. the freezyee stuff

I'm looking for the function that causes my mirrors to open/close when turning the ignition on/off.

Does that make sense?

Does that exist on my car?

Argento

If I remember correctly...you would have to go to a dealer ... as i think that comes under the Customizable Functions menu. You need a computer link up to view this.

Unless you have one of those Techstream thingys.

On 1/28/2016 at 2:05 PM, normski2 said:

+1 to that...John is right.

It can be a bit unnerving on a frozen day. The mirrors will attempt opening when frozen .... so be careful.

If I know it is going to freeze overnight, I try to remember to manually flip up the mirrors before I get out. Then they stay up when you unlock next morning.

The kit from Michael has a shortcut. By pressing a given button combination it is possible to open the car without the mirrors moving out, and also to lock the car without the mirrors folding in. It's all in the instructions :-)

Normsnki2, thanks.

< Customizable Functions menu.>

Yes, I'm on reasonable terms with my dealer at the moment (they're trying to get me to buy a RC!)

I'll ask them to have a quick look.

Argento

Normski2!, thanks again.

I remember studying these before.

I believe you're right

The facility is not available on my car.

But I'll enjoy looking through these options again.  Thanks.

Argento

"I have to be honest I've just this morning put my IS250 on the trader. Might be a mistake but we will see."

I'll be interested to see what you're offering at so I'll follow it on AT.

Argento

Hi, I believe what you are looking for is the Po-40 that turns the manual fold mirrors to auto fold on lock and unlock of car and I just happen to have one for sale! 😂 I bought it for my 2006 is220d but never got chance to fit it before I sold it and got 2010 rx450h. 

58 minutes ago, Argento said:

"I have to be honest I've just this morning put my IS250 on the trader. Might be a mistake but we will see."

I'll be interested to see what you're offering at so I'll follow it on AT.

Argento

It's done 62k in great shape all round, FLSH, I had it up for £6500 to start with and i literally couldn't stop my phone from ringing while at work today so I put it up to £6750 just to shut my phone up! I've got someone coming to look tomorrow morning but I don't like the sound of him. It might sound strange but I'd like it to go to someone who actually cares about it like I do. Here's the Ad if anyone is interested or you know anyone. http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201512289683241?make=lexus&page=1&quicksearch=true&sort=default&onesearchad=used%2Cnearlynew%2Cnew&postcode=ox106rr&radius=1&search-target=usedcars&logcode=p

I think I'm getting confused regarding the answers to the OP's question.

The OP wants mirrors that close when leaving the car, if his don't, he needs the kit, as mentioned.

Cars built after 2010 have the option? My 2011 doesn't as far as I know, they close and open manually, but not automatically.

confused.com.

On 26 January 2016 at 9:33 AM, Gtownsman said:

Hi All 

This may just be a no answer but I'm going to ask anyway. 

I would love my mirrors to fold in automatically when I lock the car, and unfold when unlocking. Is this possible with any add-on or settings change? 

Thanks

GT

Hi, I have a Po-40 device that you attach to existing wiring to make them auto fold on lock and unlock of car.

Gtownsman, thank you very much for sharing all this with us.

I hope that you secure a successful sale soon.

"... I'd like it to go to someone who actually cares about it like I do. "

That's just how I feel.

Mine's 4 years younger than yours and only 30k so I suppose I might get over £10k for it?

But to stop timewasters and keep the phone quiet, maybe I'll put it on for £12k !

I'll have a closer look at your ad over the weekend.

Argento

image.jpeg

1 hour ago, Verbout said:

Cars built after 2010 have the option? My 2011 doesn't as far as I know, they close and open manually, but not automatically.

Hi Verbout.  Mine is August 2009, first of 250C and it has folding mirrors when locking, maybe Lexus treated it as a 2010MY ?

I suspect that yours may have the facility.  It's all controlled from the button on the dash for settings.  I've just turned the function off on mine because it was being frozen solid and I didn't want to damage the servo when the mirror is frozen solid.  I'll re-instate the function when the prospect of ice has passed.