Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi Guys,

My passenger headlight has stopped auto levelling when switched on and is pointing down below the drivers beam on my '56 IS250 SE-L

I assume it will fail the MOT so do you think I need to get a second hand unit from a scrapper? Or could I get to the motor to clean it possibly? Do I need to remove the bumper? I suppose Lexus would want to replace the whole headlamp cluster unit.

Thanks for any advice,

Cheers,

James

Did you get any check light in dash board for the auto leveling sensor ? 

If no auto leveling check light then yeah  probably cleaning it up and see how it goes.

Also determine where the problem is. Try starting from cleaning the contacts and re seating the plugs. I have witnessed a not properly seated plug causing auto leveling not to work and dash to show the warning light.

There should be two sensors. The first one can be seen by removing the passage side tyre for UK spec. I cannot recall where the second sensor is located...

17 hours ago, jackcramerr said:

Did you get any check light in dash board for the auto leveling sensor ? 

Hi mate, there is no AFS light on or flashing, I tried switching the AFS off and on but no joy. The drivers side works fine, only seems to be one fuse for both so I don't think its that.  Only noticed the other day that the beam was pointing down, and had used the lights the night before, it was all ok.

Seen some used motors on US fleabay for $30, the part number is 85661-48030, my local Toyota Parts dept want £130+VAT

A youtuber shows it just twisting and popping off a similar Lexus headlight, after being removed from the vehicle.

I have tried getting to it by moving the windscreen fluid pipe, but I can't get any purchase to turn it or pull it out. Did someone you can get to via the wheel arch?

Anyone know of any scrappers near South London?

Cheers,

J.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links