Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

OK gurus, does this seem like an good buy.

Is250 2.5 SE Dec 2007

Argentina Silver.mblack leather

Aluminium trim inside

Automatic

Lexus service history

2 owners, one Lexus and one private

66500 miles

£6700

12 month Lexus used car warranty

Sadly it is in the higher tax band (£490) and there is no parking radar. The tyres and good quality but the edges are worn.. Does that mean hard driving?

To me it sees about £600 too much

Price probably should be about £6K.

SE has fewer toys than SE-L but less to go wrong so possibly a better bet at 8 years old. You won't miss stuff you don't get - I prefer non-built-in sat nav as it's easier to update and add speed cameras, points of interest and so on. You don't need the touch screen, rear window blind, etc.

Should definitely be £290 road tax.(all autos from that period are - only manuals in higher band).

Mine is an SE and it floats my boat!

According to the ad it has 7" Screen so I assume it has sat nav? If tyres are worn on edges it could be pressures were wrong or tracking/alignment but dealer needs to sort out anyway for warranty. Pics don't show screen though!

I agree..about £6k is right.Interestingly, the details on the Lexus Woodford ad are wrong in a few ways. It says sunroof, which it does not have, it says cloth and it is leather, and it says it has a display screen, which it does not, and the annual tax amount in wrong. And this is a Lexus dealer!

I test drove a more expensive one and it had four of the cheapest tyres I have ever seen on it, and they were brand new. So the advice here is right, you need to look carefully at every car!

I would haggle even further like 5000-5500 mark, car I'm interested in buying in Plymouth was on for £11500,I offered them £10,000, done deal over phone for 10,400, it's is250 sel,2009 (59), argenta ice,40k,auto, 3 owners, full lexus history,  put deposit on it and flying out on Tuesday to view it. Put your foot down and you will get good deal.good luck

12 minutes ago, jackcramerr said:

How do you respond to when they say" the list price was revised from x to y and unfortunately we cannot go lower than this"

Essentially what they listed for is the price ? No haggle ?

Easy enough to say too expensive to them and be prepared to walk away. End of month or end of quarter (End March maybe) is always best time as they have quotas to meet. Beginning of Feb is not as likely to get a deal.

i would get a SEL, the HID lights are reason enough to get that model.  You see so many people saying can they retro fix HID lights, may as well get a model that has them from the outset.

I having been trying to haggle and even walked away. Told them my price. They didn't even move a little. 

Aa for HID. Recent kwilfit mot I went for for one of my old car with HID from factory, they made sure the washer jet works. I was observing all the time. So testers who know will know what to look for and retrofit ha's to be the full package.

Also, personally I say the full option car are worth every penny. Else you Will regret it, at some point.

When I was looking for mine, I went to several independent dealers and the answer was always the same; list price only.  They were not prepared to haggle at all.  Seems to be a trend that is occurring.

I walked away from the first one because of this and I am glad I did.  The second time however, he claimed the reason for no haggling was that it was cheap to start with, and after some browsing, I think he was right.  I also really liked the car, so I agreed.

I also agree regarding the spec.  I was specifically looking for a SEL with the MM pack fitted, which is what I found.  Yes, it limits your options when looking for a car, but I plan to keep this car for a while, so I would have regretted it later if I had compromised.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links