Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Grey IS-F valuation

What would be a fair price for a April 2008 grey IS-F with 61k on the clock? Private sale not dealer. Usual FSH with a couple of minor services at a toyota dealer, body work in good condition, interior well cared for, usual wear on bolster driver side, 2 prev owners. 18k sound ok?

To be clear this isn't an ad before I get told off :) I am not selling mine just yet but considering options for near term.

• Like 1

Looking at the market you could list it for 18k and see how it goes. There is a member on here who is looking at buying one around that price bracket. I'll send him a nudge towards this thread. 

I had a a bloke wanting mine 4 weeks ago but he ended up buying a grey one for £18k 58reg with 57k on the clock, came with 6 months warranty. was from Newcastle and it was on for almost 8 months. so id say 18k is fair, even though id be looking at the 16.5-17k mark.

Mine was similar to that and sold for 18,500 but had had a full paint correction, not a single mark on it, h&s exhaust, takeda intake and 2 years Lexus warranty. Based on that 17,500 may be more realistic. I'd pop it up for 18 though. Lots of interest in them at the moment. 

• Like 1

From a buyers perspective 17-18k would be a fair. I guess it will restrict some of your market being in Northern Ireland but.... For the right car it's worth the distance IMO. Might involve you sending more photos, detail over email before someone will make the trip over. Let's face it, if you want to buy an ISF you will have to be cover some serious miles on the hunt! 

Hard to replace the ISF Damien at £16-18k - do you have something nice in mind ? Would it be worth putting the Warranty on it to boost the price you could ask....

You're not tempted to try to sell it in ROI - been a couple for sale for a little while now I see ?

All the best,

Gavan

Thanks for the replies everyone - very useful and much appreciated. Seems the consensus is 17k is good, put on at 18k and see how it goes :)

@Cargav true but with the road tax and running costs here I was always only planning on running her for a few years. I am about to put an ad in carzone and see how it goes. Lots of hassle re-reg the car in the UK! And no, still haven't decided what to replace the ISF with :(

What is the cost of getting a Lexus warranty on the car? I haven't looked into it but always thought you had to have had it covered and couldn't just add it later?

1 hour ago, Damien7579 said:

Thanks for the replies everyone - very useful and much appreciated. Seems the consensus is 17k is good, put on at 18k and see how it goes :)

@Cargav true but with the road tax and running costs here I was always only planning on running her for a few years. I am about to put an ad in carzone and see how it goes. Lots of hassle re-reg the car in the UK! And no, still haven't decided what to replace the ISF with :(

What is the cost of getting a Lexus warranty on the car? I haven't looked into it but always thought you had to have had it covered and couldn't just add it later?

£895 for two years. http://www.lexus.co.uk/owners/warranty-and-insurance/#LexusCareExtendedWarranty