Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Seat change from manual to electric?

Hi. Could anyone please tell me if fitting electric adjustable seats in place of manual seats is a straight forward arrangement? Would the electrics be plug and play? I've got non leather manual seats and I'd like to change to electric leather.

Thank you in advance.

Hello and welcome to the LOC.

Lexus do seem to fit the same wiring looms to all models and then use what is needed, I know on mine the plug is there to fit the rear massage seats even though they are not presently fitted.

What I suggest you do is have a look under the seat, maybe remove the 2 rear fixing bolts to allow the seat to lift up a little and see if there are any spare plugs under there bearing in mind they may be stuffed under the carpet or other covers. Be very weary of any yellow plugs/sockets they are normally related to the airbag system so leave well alone.

If the loom is present it should be plug and play as the controls are all on the seat, seat heaters are a different matter as the switches are remote.

There may also be specific fuses missing in the fusebox which will need fitting to power the seats.

Yup. Get the panel next to the armrest with the heating/cooling controlls, there's a plug already there to plug the panel in. It'll work straight away. 

Seats have the same plugs (as far as I remember, 3 wires on driver seat, 2 wires on passanger, never checked why one less on the passanger seat, but everything works anyway).

Do remember to unplug the Battery and wait 10 mins before disconnecting and then connecting the seats as there are airbag connectors there. 

The only thing I'm unsure with the seats is whether the memory settings work as I never bothered with these, but I think the plugs are already in the doors (there's one spare plug on mine), so it should also be plug and play.

With the exception of automatically adjusted steering wheel column of course, as thats a manual.

Also, the plastic seat mounting bolt covers from manual wont suit the electric seat, so you might wanna get a set.

I never bothered, as with the usual seat positions and the rear carpets moved close to the front seats you cant even see them anyway.

I've just done this mod today. Fitted leather heated/cooked seats to a 250 that had cloth manual. All of the wires were present including the console switches. The drivers side has 3 multiplugs, which were an exact swap. The passenger also had 3 on the loom, however the seat only has two female plugs. The driver side works, but I cannot move the passenger side. Can anybody shed some light on this?:)

After the replies on here that this was a straightforward plug and play replacement I bought a lovely set of leathers to fit.

Only to find out that the main attachment points to the floor are different and don't match the front seats?????

I've attached photos of the difference.

Any ideas anyone???20160214_094447.thumb.jpg.a7c105c6dc1de3

20160214_094452.jpg

20160214_094459.jpg

That can't be right. All of the bolts should line up. Are you sure these are from a mk2? As I said, I changed mine last week. It is definitely a plug and play. I didn't even have heated seats, but the multiplugs were all there. Worked straight away:)

What car, and year have you got? It was definitely a straight swap on my MK2 2006 220D. The seats came from an IS250 2008 too, so they should be compatible across the MK2 range.

looking at this, your new seats seem to be from a different car. Can you show an overall photo of them? 

Yes - I reckon they stored a set of Avensis seats and Lexus seats together and got confused about which went with which. The rears are Lexus seats, the fronts Avensis. Hope someone hasn't gone away with an 'Avensis' set with Lexus fronts!

• 2 weeks later...