Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I apologise if this post is in the wrong place. A couple of days ago I was pootling through town when.... 'ping'. Up came the dreaded red triangle along with 'Check VSC'. 'TRC off'. and the EML on. Any ideas or helpful information much appreciated...

Sorry if the following is patronising;

The EML light will register a fault code on the ECU that needs to be read using an appropriate machine.

I would always want all the information possible before offering ideas, so obtaining fault codes is the sure way to make sure to know where to start. Your best bet is a Lexus dealer to get the codes to make sure you definitely get the right answer.

I would ask for the fault code numbers written down, as it may be a DIY fix that the forum can help with, if you're cost concious. 

Not at all patronising. Yes I'm cost concious, not broke, but not a fool. I really hate paying way over the odds because of 'badge snobbery'. Thanks for advice.. Already taken steps to get error codes read. Thanks again.

Thanks for the reply. I cannot detect a misfire, nor is the exhaust blowing etc. In fact I cannot detect any difference when driving to the way the old girl has always driven..?? 

When my EML came on (on GS430 which is same engine etc) initially it was O2 sensor but if the light had not come on I would never have known as no symptoms...although my garage did say it was only on the edge of tolerance. Few months after and the EML was on again. This time the sensor/valve?? on the VVTI. Ran for about 2 years (I think) like this with no other symptoms. What does happen however is that having codes read can actually trigger the VSC warning as well as the EML.

Waiting for my friendly mechanic to get back to me with codes, but. Car is fixed. He tells me. 'It looks like someone has ripped a bracket off which has left a U shaped soft spot, which has blown through. Someone has also put a jubilee clip over it. Which looks to me like they were trying to hide it'? He has just given it a road test and dropped it here, no lights on, and as quiet as the grave.... Hopefully all done and at a Lexus cost of 2 wipers.... Thanks to all who responded....

O.K. Here goes. 'Exact' report from my mate. (No code number supplied) but... 'Catalytic converter efficiency below threshold bank 1. Air suspension had a code. (no number supplied.) Exhaust port solenoid has constant current. I did ask for codes, but. 'Its a long story'! I asked if my Cat is on the way out? Was assured it was the hole in the exhaust just in front of the sensor that was causing the problem. I am sorry to be so adolescent in my dealings, but I have the utmost faith in my mate's ability, if he 'can't' do it he will tell me. I also admit to being so excited when the car was fixed for £60 That I just wanted to part with the 'readies' and drive her.... Once again, my thanks and gratitude to those who took the trouble to answer and offer suggestion.... :wink3:

hi thanks to some advice on this forum I sorted my dash light problem with one of these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FOR-LEXUS-FAULT-CODE-READER-CAR-ENGINE-SCAN-DIAGNOSTIC-RESET-EOBD-OBD2-CAN-BUS-/391276230355?hash=item5b19e176d3:g:HOQAAOSwKIpWCPGY 

just plug it in under the dash near pedals and turn on car, codes come up and DA DA. 

I had a coil pack out. thanks to messi, rudd and ambermarine who helped me with the codes in my moment of doubt:)

maybe for next time if you have already solved this problem... I think the one i bought was a tenner and now sits in my car glovebox. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links