Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New CT Advance

Ian J. Parsley

I've had a third gen IS300h since 2013 and delighted to say my wife is taking delivery of a new CT200h (Advance trim) on Wednesday, all being well.

Have members any thoughts on what to look out for on the facelifted CT, versus other current Lexus models?

Hope you will both enjoy your new CT.  The CT sits low and my cautionary note is in any circumstance where the camber tilts the car towards the kerb be careful of the leading edge of the door bottom scraping the pavement.  It's easier to do that you might imagine.  

Well according to a .com website not much:

As Toyota rolls out its updated 2016 model range, it's clear that some refreshes are fresher than others. Whereas the 2016 Scion tC got breathed on, the 2016 Lexus CT 200h gets a mere glance, and only for a moment. Just four items differentiate the coming model from the one currently on sale, and three of those are optional: a chrome surround for the grille is standard; a moonroof, Lexus Enform Remote, and Lexus Service Connect are options.

Lexus Enform Remote gives owners control of the car through an iOS or Android smartphone app so they can do things like unlock and lock the doors, remote start the engine, and locate the vehicle. Lexus Service Connect works through iOS or LexusDrivers.com site only and provides notes on vehicle health. Both services are by subscription.

• Like 1

Thanks for the responses. 

The "facelift" I refer to is the 2014 one. This changes the look slightly (notably around fog lights) and enhances the trim levels (in the UK; I can't speak for elsewhere).

Like I say, any tips like the one above re the door appreciated!

If you are referring to the 2014 facelift it contained quite a few things.  I bought a Premier in March 2014 and amongst the changes

Front end changed majorly with spindle grill introduced 

lots of stiffening to the body shell which allowed suspension adjustments to soften the ride

a spare wheel replaced the spray gunk get you home kit

The aerial was changed from stick to shark fin

modest redesigns around back end

A gps clock - though I have never found it do anything better than a routine clock - still have to change it for DST and crossing time zones 

They remapped the hybrid drive to give a more linear acceleration and managed to trim the emissions further

the central display which could fold away was made permanently open.

additional sound deadening

the trim range was changed eg the grey leather was dropped leaving only black or ivory as options 

optional dash inserts were made available replacing the standard - ie bamboo and I believe the drive selector was slightly modified.

all these refer to uk spec and it's not exhaustive

if you google there are a number of place that recite the various evolutions-the telegraph's honest John is one such 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, KDS said:

If you are referring to the 2014 facelift it contained quite a few things.  I bought a Premier in March 2014 and amongst the changes

Front end changed majorly with spindle grill introduced 

lots of stiffening to the body shell which allowed suspension adjustments to soften the ride

a spare wheel replaced the spray gunk get you home kit

The aerial was changed from stick to shark fin

modest redesigns around back end

A gps clock - though I have never found it do anything better than a routine clock - still have to change it for DST and crossing time zones 

They remapped the hybrid drive to give a more linear acceleration and managed to trim the emissions further

the central display which could fold away was made permanently open.

additional sound deadening

the trim range was changed eg the grey leather was dropped leaving only black or ivory as options 

optional dash inserts were made available replacing the standard - ie bamboo and I believe the drive selector was slightly modified.

all these refer to uk spec and it's not exhaustive

if you google there are a number of place that recite the various evolutions-the telegraph's honest John is one such 

Sorry,  i was on the understanding there was a 2016 update? 

The OP IJP was asking about the 2014 update.  Any 2016 update is minor and I understand only in USA.  I was recently in Lexus UK distributor talking about replacing my 2014 in 2017 just before the DVLA tax changes will come into effect and was told there has been no announcement of any updates planned in UK.  They would expect on usual cycles that an update might be reasonable to expect in 2017 but it might not be to that timescale.  Sideline monitoring is therefore all one can do.  I'm pretty happy about most things except I wish the USB was inside the console so all wires not visible.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links