Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

21 hours ago, Carl911 said:

I'm still trying to work out he differences between the se-l and she.

i see you don't have a sunroof.

do you have the radar lane detection thing and are your door scuff trims illuminated?

carl

Carl

If you are referring to my car then you are right that it doesn't have a sunroof or ACC / PCS. These are an additional option for the SE-L - and rare to find. For some reason that I have never understood, you can only have the ACC / PCS if you also have the sunroof. Does anyone know why that is?

I can't remember about the door scuff trims being illumunitated.

Mike

On ‎13‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 7:29 AM, KayCee said:

Shock horror there was dings in just about every panel the rear tyres were down to the wear indicators(sman Oh theres 2 0r 3 thou on them yet) rear discs were badly pitted ( sman Oh they are fine) front discs at least a 1/8 inch lip on disc also pitted ( s man Nothing wrong with them most heavy cars like that) then i looked in car the drvers seat was totaly in shreds ripped (sman oh we will get upholsterer to fit new centre panel in seat not a problem) he also said we will get panel man to see to the scratches and dents you have to expect this from lease cars)

in conclusion it was the worst car i have ever seen why in gods name did they let anyone view it in this condition it looked like it had come from  a breakers yard it definatley as been abused suffice to say i turned on my heel and walked away

I thought i was seeing a one owner car he said as i walked away ring me tues and ill have new pics with the faults repaired

oh yesssss

Called them yesterday afternoon at 2pm (before I had seen this) & allegedly it was sold!

I was on my way back from Lexus Hedge End (Southampton), where I viewed 2. After some negotiating on a minor niggle and price, I'm buying a 31,000 mile 60 plate SE-L (with the radar cruise, which I tried on the M27 and really liked) from them with 5 service stamps, pick it up next Saturday.

The only thing I don't like is the fact the light beige interior comes with light beige floor mats which seem to pick up marks very easily. Has anybody fitted darker ones? I'm tempted.

The other one I looked at was the "sport" model previously discussed - they have different wheels as well as the bumper lips. It looked nice, but the difference in appearance is nothing to write home about.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Rob373 said:

Called them yesterday afternoon at 2pm (before I had seen this) & allegedly it was sold!

Yes Rob that might have been me as when i rang they said " well we have had a lot of enquiries if you put a refundable deposit of £50 it will be reserved for you"

but in truth i dont think they had

and i havent got it back yet

By the way did you get a good discount with the haggle i did look at that one on trader but it looked white and i didnt think it was me but it did look tasty if thats what you like

Robert

I considered getting some cheap mats for the winter and have been watching these on eBay - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/330875745830?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

For the price they seemed pretty reasonable but now that winter has almost gone I probably will not invest just yet.

Having said that, we have one of those domestic carpet cleaners and took our beige mats out last week for a clean. I have to say that they came up beautifully with the only mark remaining being one on the drivers mat where a little of the material has worn away.

8 hours ago, KayCee said:

Yes Rob that might have been me as when i rang they said " well we have had a lot of enquiries if you put a refundable deposit of £50 it will be reserved for you"

but in truth i dont think they had

and i havent got it back yet

By the way did you get a good discount with the haggle i did look at that one on trader but it looked white and i didnt think it was me but it did look tasty if thats what you like

Robert

Not a massive discount, but I got it down by 600 quid with the minor issue I wanted looking at (bonnet - couple of stone chips) resolved.

I wasn't at all sure about the white with light trim from the photos, but I had to go and look given the spec and mileage. I am happy to report that I found it much nicer to behold in the metal - it appears to be pearlescent and has a sort of "mother of pearl" shimmer to it. I would prefer a deep metallic grey, red, or blue, but they are like hens teeth and I've not seen a blue on the 06-11 model that I like.

I would have bought a good one with it as my primary concerns are functional, but I am not keen on the silver paint / black leather combo which seems to be really prevalent with these - it feels a bit too "2003 Teutonic rep mobile" for me.

Glad you got it  sorted and to your liking Rob

Im in negotiations with a black 60 plate  up here ive had a look and looks ok but couldnt have a drive of it as it s Batteries  were flat it also didnt have sun roof but its not end of world.

But looked ok it had a blue flake in it said he had put 2 front tyres on I couldnt find out if the TPWS was ok because of the Batteries as the Sensors can be damaged if not done correctly

Mind i will know tomorrow

Robert

I finally did the deal bought a 450 sel really impressed with it

was apprehensive on first drive for 300 mts or so as it run just on Battery eerily quiet it felt i had no control being as there was no sound but after the first 300 metres or so it came into its own its another black one but in truth i do like the black

You convinced me Mike

Robert

Picked mine up today - very happy with it. Wasn't actually something I was actively seeking, but I Iove the ML stereo and the fact you can store music to the car's hard disc drive.

I can already tell I'm going to be mucking about seeing how many mpg I can get it to do once the urge to accelerate at warp speed has worn off - all part of the fun I'm sure!

You know the urge to pull of at warp speed won't ware off, it's been a year for me and it happened today Sgain..lol.

the plus side is even with a heavy foot I never see my mpg drop below 26mpg which when you consider 3.5 litre V6, 350bhp is extremely impressive. If you were in a BMW M3 Or similar car with similar performance you'd be looking in the low teens.

when you go for a tour down the motorway sticking around 70-80mph you can average nearer 40mpg which is again pretty respectable .

the Car is definitely Lexus's wolf in sheep clothing, make no mistake.

good to hear from happy owners.

carl

Mine gets it's work debut tomorrow - trip to Cheshire up the M1/M6 so I'll see what sort of economy I get out of it on a decent steady run.

Just ordered some dark floor mats to keep the inside looking respectable for the remainder of winter & some metal dust caps to replace the horrible green plastic things it has arrived with.

Hi Rob

Glad its ok with the car i picked mine up Friday last. Am well pleased with it mind mine asnt got ACC and PCS and no Sunroof but nonetheless im over moon with it

But my first job monday morning is to take it to my friends Lad who as a Tyre business and have the air taken out and filled with nitrogen which gives a better ride and doesnt lose pressure. But they have to put green caps on to denote they are filled with nitrogen thats why yours as green caps up to you of course but dont under any circumstances put metal caps on as the first time you take it of it will snap your valve as the metal caps react with the aluminium of the valves upto you of course  but i swear by nitrogen in the tyres as i said first job tomorrow

Car is running perfectley well pleased But..........

I got 4k Pex for my car its up for 595 at the same dealer looks that good i could have bought it back

but it was in good nick and i looked after it well

ahhh well thats life i suppose

decided to go with the  Black 450-SE-L   I am really pleased with it one small chip on bonnet but i can live with that

runs superb but like Mike's, the motor was a bit late coming in and im only averaging  23 on gauge but all seems ok with the exception of the Dab Radio theres only one Station Radio 4 and i like my GOLD but cannot get it. I didnt notice the subtle Dab ariel on front screen I would have thought they would have had a better solution and its in the horizontal Position as any one got any ideas over the reception

I did find out tho that the Radar Cruise etc was a 3.3k option no wonder not many about

Robert

myLexus.thumb.jpg.4b656b3732b584e8370a8e

• Like 1

I am not too pleased with the tyres and i must sort them I came out of the car wash on friday and the back end let go very scary but was ok after the back end slide but ive never heard of the make 2 brand new Radar 245ZR4018 on front , rear are JINYU same size after research it as not got very good reviews one said absolutely dangerous they will have to go

Any  ideas of a good make that is primarily quiet i also found out in the book ZR rating is only for Left hand drive cars should be R 93Y

I had TOYO proxes on the GS300 were very good and whisper quiet but for this size not a good report  I am sure some one can advise

Thanks

Robert

I'm sure everyone will give you a different answer on what tyres are best.

in my experience there is little difference when comparing db of tyres as these are laboritory tested noise and frankly not at all relevant to typical poor road surfaces where in reality one good quality tyre is much like another.

i think any decent brand tyres will be a dramatic improvement to what you currently have fitted.

i personally like Dunlop as they have been good all rounders but others will have there own preferences. More often than not I find a good brand doing special offers at the time of purchase.

carl

Wow, that must be one of the very last MK3`s.It looks superb.

Rear tyre slip following a car wash could be due to the weight of your right foot. Remember that you are driving a Rocket Ship(LOL).

My tyres are Kumho all round and they are absolutely fine.

Enjoy your wonderful motor Robert.

Regards

John

Hi.  I just brought home a GS 450h last week.  I find the dunlop sp sport 2030 on the rear (sp sport 01 on front and sp sport 2030 on rear) struggle for grip quite a lot.

I've been considering the Continental sport contact 5.  Theyre about 117 pounds each fitted (from blackcircles), have a C efficiency and A wet grip rating.  Noise is rated at 70dB.

Best dunlop alternative in my opinion is the Sportmaxx RT, which is also C, A and has noise rated at 68dB.

Michelins seem expensive in comparison but if you have a costco membership worth calling them and asking what they can do.  They often have a 20 or 25% off a set of 4,  which makes the michelins very competitive.

I found that the brochures on the lexus site were useful for the spec details, apart from the 2009 cars.  There is a brochure for 2008, and one for 2010.

Cheers

Calum

2009 one wasn't much help to me - mine is apparently a base model but when I looked at the 2009 brochure it has everything the SE does apart from the Sat Nav and Levinson sound.  Not sure if there was a re-baselining in the run up to 2010?  From what I'd previously read the spec on later cars was less than the equivalently badged earlier ones, but mine seems to be a bit of an anomaly!  I don't think Lexus let you add anything other than those items stated as 'optional'?

Calum

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links