Geggy

Warning lights electrical problems

Hi I need help. I have a rx400h 2006 150,000 miles, it's been faultless until the other day I came to start car and it started fine and then hybrid check light and Vsc light came on, I continued to drive and got home fine, the next day I decided to replace 12v Battery, but it is still the same, I also have various other electrical problems that are related to this.....tailgate won't open, mirrors won't work, electric Windows only work off individual button, no cruise, afs lights don't work, central locking works off fob( delayed) but not off button inside car, also you can hear the central locking make a noise once the door is closed. The car still drives fine, charges as it should. I've checked all fuses, I've plugged it into diagnostic and it only shows 1 code, u0146....lost communication with gateway a. My sister has identical car so I changed the gateway ecu over but made no difference, I'm wondering if anyone may have any ideas on this before I bite the bullet and take it to the dealers? Thanks in advance

Hi Greg and welcome to the LOC, we are a friendly bunch and some of us even know how to pull them to bits and put them back together again, with of course the one bolt and washer left over.

I cant help with your present queries but I'm sure someone will be along ASAP.

We recommend you spend a couple of mins looking over the rules of the LOC, we will be asking questions later

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/terms-conditions/

Regards Mike.

• Like 1

Hi. Cars this complex need to be taken to the dealers I think. Long gone are the days when you can do them on the drive

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hi 

Did you get your fault fixed as I have the same faults exactly

thankyou Colin

I think the Gateway ECU may be faulty but I don't think you can just swap it out with a known good one to confirm that without it being coded to the car first.

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 4:27 PM, Geggy said:

Hi I need help. I have a rx400h 2006 150,000 miles, it's been faultless until the other day I came to start car and it started fine and then hybrid check light and Vsc light came on, I continued to drive and got home fine, the next day I decided to replace 12v battery, but it is still the same, I also have various other electrical problems that are related to this.....tailgate won't open, mirrors won't work, electric Windows only work off individual button, no cruise, afs lights don't work, central locking works off fob( delayed) but not off button inside car, also you can hear the central locking make a noise once the door is closed. The car still drives fine, charges as it should. I've checked all fuses, I've plugged it into diagnostic and it only shows 1 code, u0146....lost communication with gateway a. My sister has identical car so I changed the gateway ecu over but made no difference, I'm wondering if anyone may have any ideas on this before I bite the bullet and take it to the dealers? Thanks in advance

On ‎1‎/‎15‎/‎2020 at 3:48 PM, Colin Jelf said:

Hi 

Did you get your fault fixed as I have the same faults exactly

thankyou Colin

Hello all. Hard to believe it but I have exactly identical also as described by OP Geggy. OP did you get it nailed in the end ?? Would be most helpful if you can please chime back in just to give an update. Mine self corrects itself after a couple of days. All warnings disappear. Car always drives normally. This makes me think its a module / ecu / rusty contact. I am on my second episode of it roughly three weeks apart. On the first one, in addition to the very good description by the OP above, I also had the Centigrade/Celsius change to Fahrenheit on the screen for the duration of it which lasted a couple of days. All self resolved. Car has had a new 12v Battery since and has been checked for water ingress - thankfully all dry under the boot. Second episode yesterday, all self resolved today. I am awaiting a code reader to arrive. Last time there weren't any although by the time it was read, the errors had self cleared by then. No idea when the next episode is due / expected. I have seen the Hybrid Vehicle Control ECU mentioned in relation to these exact symptoms. Any clues / suggestions would be most helpful, thanks.  

• Like 1