Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I won't believe it unless I see them in person. Good example is my car - on the paper it looked too good for the asking price, but I have knocked another £500 off when viewed it and to be honest still fee like I might have made a mistake. The reason... it basically needs respray - all car is covered is tiny stone chips and not all of them are touched up well (or at all). I won't be able to tell when passing by or even standing 2 metres away, but the car needs full respray .. there is not a single panel unmarked.

I must admit, I might have missed 7k bit, but 6k was too low. As for interiour - there will always be exceptions, I stated that as general thing, additionally - personal experience. All IS'es I have seen with cream or grey interiors looked crap.

3 minutes ago, jackcramerr said:

depends who likes what.

as for cream interiour - I would be the person preferring cream over back for NEW car, but for 8 year (or possibly 11 now) it would be nearly impossible to find example with unmarked interior.

ahh, now here is the difference.  I never said he could get an absolutely perfect car for the price.  Finding a 10 year old car with a few little marks or chips would be almost impossible.  My car has quite a few stone chips on the front, but I wouldn't generally consider that a problem when buying a second hand car.

Having said that, I would expect at least one of the car at the Lexus dealer to be suitable, if not all of them.  You also get the added bonus of the years warranty.  They are also in the spec that he wanted, so it is definitely worth a look in my humble opinion.

I do agree that in general, dark interiors wear a bit better, but I always held the belief of contrast when it came to cars.  Dark exterior = light interior and visa versa.

Although I did have a black Alfa with a black interior, so there are always exceptions :smile:

I think one general rule here - you get what you pay for. If you want real nice IS250 AT with low miles and decent options ~£10k. If lucky you might get on for £8k-odd. For 6-7k... you will always have tradeoffs. This stands as of today - so if you read my comment in 2020 the prices will be different :yinyang:

Are these machined aluminum pedals standards with MT or it is upgrade. Just realised they look cool!

It doesn't seems to be many IS with Moonroof either - the only thing I really miss in mine.

14 minutes ago, toffee_pie said:

FSport pedals. A moonroof i never really had a need for. Once you have climate control.

Well I had it on my previous F-Sport and AWD. That is why I am saying "missing".

What I am not missing is Nav, somehow doesn't found it any good or at least not as good as the one I had on BMW..

• 4 years later...

Hello, My 2007 IS250 Automatic is available for £3,700 if anyone wants it, Its Sage Desert Green, ex Demo, same as whatcar review on youtube, cream leather interior, MARK LEVERSON UPGRADE £4000 OPTION satnav touchscreen dvd, rear camera. Currently done 56,000 miles, drives superb, 6 owners due to demo plus family changeovers, history to 45k, it has only covered 8,000 over 8 years with the last owner, stunning looking car.

7 hours ago, johnbeddow@gmx.co.uk said:

Hello, My 2007 IS250 Automatic is available for £3,700 if anyone wants it, Its Sage Desert Green, ex Demo, same as whatcar review on youtube, cream leather interior, MARK LEVERSON UPGRADE £4000 OPTION satnav touchscreen dvd, rear camera. Currently done 56,000 miles, drives superb, 6 owners due to demo plus family changeovers, history to 45k, it has only covered 8,000 over 8 years with the last owner, stunning looking car.

The original post is 4yrs old buddy

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/1/2020 at 2:51 PM, johnbeddow@gmx.co.uk said:

Sounds exactly like mine but lower miles, more owners, and no moonroof. Why ever would you want to sell it?

• 2 weeks later...

lexus southampton offered me 8.5k for my 2010    is250 f sport 30.000k on the clock and full lexus sercive history, albiet if i done a part exchange...... and you can garantee they would of put a 2k mark up on the price when they resold it

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links