Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi all

I should have done this ages ago. I am looking for an IS250 to buy.

Car needs to be automatic with less than 70,000 miles. I'd like a service history that shows regular servicing and either Lexus or reputable independents. I don't have time for anything other than basic stuff, so no unfinished projects, thanks, and as standard as possible.

• preferably not black in colour.
  • Would prefer leather interior. I could do either black or beige.
  • Must have either parking radar or camera.
  • Xenon headlights would be good.
  • Mark Levinson stereo would made me very happy.

I like my car to be tidy and properly maintained. Your car will not be used and abused (I know some people like to know this)

I'm on the Essex/Suffolk border near Colchester and will travel. Drop me a note through the forum.

Duncan

Hi what's ur budget lexus Leicester got Windsor blue, 37k 2009,se I,10950 check it out, haggle to see what price u can get it at, I was interested in it but didn't arrive until today.as Already purchased mine from lexus Plymouth, also check autotrader.good luck 

1 minute ago, toffee_pie said:

mine is manual but i doubt you will get what you want for 6k.

Why wouldn't he be able to get what he wants for 6k?  As long as he doesn't mind the age of the car, what it wrong with the ones I posted?

So you are saying that he can't get a SE-L for 6k? So what about the 2 that I linked in my post? That was just after a quick 5 minute search.

Also, he does mention that Xenon's and ML stereo would be nice to have, but not essential.

• Thanks 1

well that's a different thing isn't it, I said bog standard and you can get them cheaper if you don't want the extras, and the extras are well worth having. The Mark Levinson setup was over £3k optional extra remember.

Yes it is easier to find one without the extras, but I don't think it is necessarily the case that it can't be found with them fitted.

When I was looking for mine, I wanted an SE-L with the MM pack fitted specifically.  It took longer, but I found what I wanted in the end.  I know mine is a diesel, but it didn't cost £6k either.

23 hours ago, toffee_pie said:

well that's a different thing isn't it, I said bog standard and you can get them cheaper if you don't want the extras, and the extras are well worth having. The Mark Levinson setup was over £3k optional extra remember.

I am not sure ML counts in used cars - rather nice to have. But I fully agree that the list sound like ~9k ish car for me from the description. 

He could get MT, or high miles, or very basic for 6k. But not AT, low miles and high spec. that will never comes as low all together. What helps for this search  - he doesn't want Black.. which is second most expensive colour after White. I personally paid extra to get Black with Black interior, if only mine have sunroof (or moon roof as it is called by Lexus), it would be perfect combo for me.

It is just my personal opinion, but Lexus Dark Grey is rather Dirty Black. The normal Grey is so common that it is boring. I would say both comes reasonably cheaper. Second point, light colour interior for 8+ years car is bad choice. I believe it is nice to have cream when it is new, but for used cars is Back and Back only which looks reasonably fresh. Other options are only light Grey or Cream which will always have marks and stains. As well cloth interiors are manual only( or I am missing something?!)

Mark Levinson is awesome, it has built in sensors in the front and rear also remember with the Nav interface. I take you don't have it? 

Black or dark colours are terrible to keep clean but look fantastic after some polishing. 

My point is that - it doesn't seems like there is huge premium when you looking for used cars. It is possible to find run down 250 MTs (or even more 220d) with ML for the price which is less than ML it self has costed when new ( I am referring to those cars listed at £2.4k :D). Nav add to the cost... maybe ML does as well, but the main thing is actually still-  mileage, AT/MT and the overall condition.

I don't have ML, nor Nav now, but I used to have ML in my F-Sport and, Nav in my AWD.

36 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

I am not sure ML counts in used cars - rather nice to have. But I fully agree that the list sound like ~9k ish car for me from the description. 

He could get MT, or high miles, or very basic for 6k. But not AT, low miles and high spec. that will never comes as low all together. What helps for this search  - he doesn't want Black.. which is second most expensive colour after White. I personally paid extra to get Black with Black interior, if only mine have sunroof (or moon roof as it is called by Lexus), it would be perfect combo for me.

It is just my personal opinion, but Lexus Dark Grey is rather Dirty Black. The normal Grey is so common that it is boring. I would say both comes reasonably cheaper. Second point, light colour interior for 8+ years car is bad choice. I believe it is nice to have cream when it is new, but for used cars is Back and Back only which looks reasonably fresh. Other options are only light Grey or Cream which will always have marks and stains. As well cloth interiors are manual only( or I am missing something?!)

Did you even read the thread before posting? :smile:

Two posts above yours, it is mentioned that it is up to £7k.

Also, the post above tells you that Lexus Woodford have 4 cars within spec.

And yet here you are saying it can't be done?

As for interior colour, my 8 year old car has cream leather that is unmarked and unwrinkled.  Yes, lighter coloured interiors are more of a pain to keep, but regular feeding and cleaning will keep them looking good.

depends who likes what. I don't think anyone would agree that I witnessed a car being sold 10k more in price as it had light interior vs the same spec in black. a Mercedes benz. The buyer said he doesn't like dark color as it gets depressing and he can't see things when he drops it. added all the excues like it's welcoming etc. true enough. With UK weather you don't want black as it gets too dark. but some find it executive looking.  so can't say... I guess.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links