Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

16 Plate NX Ordered

In answer to your question Ian, From 2000 I have had a IS 200 a IS 250 and a IS 300h and always wanting a SUV / 4x4!? but not diesel. And I wanted a change from the IS's aswell. Good move or not only time will tell.

Don't expect same economy as the IS300h but otherwise it's a brilliant and quiet car to drive - I don't think you will be disappointed - I've done 5,500 miles in 2 months and it's been happy days all the way!

36 minutes ago, Nelsthebass said:

Don't expect same economy as the IS300h but otherwise it's a brilliant and quiet car to drive - I don't think you will be disappointed - I've done 5,500 miles in 2 months and it's been happy days all the way!

I am well aware of the lower mpg. And that is 1 of the bad points, hopefully there wont be a lot of bad points.

On 2/12/2016 at 7:58 PM, forbes said:

I am well aware of the lower mpg. And that is 1 of the bad points, hopefully there wont be a lot of bad points.

It is the only bad point. Although, that is only because of the claimed figure being so wide of the mark. The fact is for the size of car the MPG is not at all bad and compares with most diesels of that size and better than most petrol's.

51 minutes ago, Goggy said:

It is the only bad point. Although, that is only because of the claimed figure being so wide of the mark. The fact is for the size of car the MPG is not at all bad and compares with most diesels of that size and better than most petrol's.

Its more the fact that i am used to the IS 300 h 48 mpg approx.

Eeeek! Best I've had so far is 41 and average over 6000+ Miles is bang on 38.0mpg - still, it's bloody good when compared to an automatic 4 wheel drive diesel let alone petrol - had a new disco sport auto diesel for a week and that was no quicker, sounded like a tank and did about 33-35mpg.

1 hour ago, Nelsthebass said:

Eeeek! Best I've had so far is 41 and average over 6000+ Miles is bang on 38.0mpg - still, it's bloody good when compared to an automatic 4 wheel drive diesel let alone petrol - had a new disco sport auto diesel for a week and that was no quicker, sounded like a tank and did about 33-35mpg.

perhaps you have read my post wrong as i am refering to my IS at 48mpg approx

3 hours ago, forbes said:

Cars will always have a much better mpg that SUV's due to the extra weight mainly. It depends what you want, better mpg or higher seating position, more space, easy to get in and out of, all wheel drive, to name but a few. :)

• Like 1

Cars will always have a much better mpg that SUV's due to the extra weight mainly. It depends what you want, better mpg or higher seating position, more space, easy to get in and out of, all wheel drive, to name but a few. :)

I imagine the aerodynamics play a big part too. I really enjoyed my IS300h F Sport but now that I have the NX I wouldn't go back.

MPG wise I returned averages of between 38 and 42 in the IS depending on the season.4K on in the NX since Sept and average is 34.5MPG.

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

In answer to your question Ian, From 2000 I have had a IS 200 a IS 250 and a IS 300h and always wanting a SUV / 4x4!? but not diesel. And I wanted a change from the IS's aswell. Good move or not only time will tell.

I went from the IS250 to the IS300h and on to the NX300h for much the same reasons you have. I'd be very surprised if you regret the decision.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, DJP said:

That looks very nice indeed. Be interested to hear your first impressions and comparison against the IS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smoother ride than the IS and even more gadgets  to play with