Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Alarm problem

bullhorn

Hi all, 

The alarm on my 2004 IS200 se auto goes off at random, might be a few days inbetween.

I have cleaned the door switches but I understand there are switches on the bonnet and boot.

Any ideas where these are located?

Any help appreciated, thanks.

Do you single lock it or double lock it (one or two presses on the remote?)

If you double lock its deactivates the internal sensors and activates the deadlocks,

Give it a try. 

Only reason i asked was that on my old IS200 the alarm and head lights kept coming on.  At first it wasn’t to clear to why, after while i noticed it was after heavy rain fall.  The water was getting in at the bottom corner on the driver side of the front window screen, the water would then drop down on to wiring loom and travel along it using the capillary effect.  It found it's way to the junction box in the drivers side footwell, causing corrosion on the contact what then would increase the resistance in the electrical circuit.  It use to be a common problem on here when i was active member, most people use find the problem would start after having the window screen replaced, but i still had the original.  Hopefully this information is helpful, if it continues after heavy rain fall.  

I had an alarm problem over the weekend with my IS200 Sport which I have only had for a few weeks.  After a short trip to the shop and back the alarm went off half a dozen times through the afternoon as it was parked on the drive.  Single locked it, double locked it, ignition on / off thinking that might reset something or other, tried anything but after a while it went off again, then again, then again.  I was getting quite concerned and heading for the forum until I realised I couldn't find my phone.................................The phone was in the car !  and had half a dozen text messages !........................Coincidence?  I put the phone back in the house, locked the car and its been OK ever since.  Strange but true. So Where was your phone?   Out of respect for the neighbours I didn't try and prove the theory but I will do at some point.

Thanks for your replies.

Can't find any water leaks anywhere,  i don't leave my phone in the car very often but will keep an eye on things.

I have had a good spray round the boot lock area with wd40 so hope that might help.