Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Looking for an ODB2 reader for IS 250C

Hi all.

I am looking to buy an ODB2 interface to associate with my Iphone 6 in order to change settings on my 2011 IS250C.

The Carista product does not work with this model which is a shame.

Does anyone know if an interface which is proven?

Guys,

Thank you all for your prompt replies.

Bruce (juicestop) I will take your advice and buy the Nicna model from amazon. Do you know if by chance, it will also work with my '98 GS300 or my '14 GS250? The GS250 is Carista-compatible so the protocol is clearly mainstream.

Mike

Techstream consists of a cable/connector (with the correct J2534 ARM chip in the connector) and software, which I'm afraid only runs on a Windows PC. The only thing you don't get from those who sell it is the computer. I know it runs OK on Windows 7 32 bit - I think it's OK on Windows 10 32 bit (the software runs but I haven't connected it to my car since I upgraded to Windows 10). I hear there are problems on 64 bit but apparently there are workarounds.

AFAIK there is no version for apple IOS, either phone or computers - it might work on apple computers running Windows but I don't know.

Techstream provides live running data, code reading and settings changing. It's quite complex and the screens are - well, comprehensive.

Some OBDII readers have an ELM 327 interface - they don't work on Toyota/Lexus.

So, let's see if I have this right . . . . 

I need to buy the Nicna interface (juicestop's amazon link above) and download the updated software (from the other link) and hopefully it will work with my Windows 8 laptop.

Is this right? Is the interface on an IS in the cabin or under the bonnet? Any chance of it working with a '98 GS300 or a '14 GS250?

It may well be correct - the first link is to a Techstream unit but from the comments it appears to be a US version of the software (maybe they all are). I'm not sure that it's a good idea to try and update the software - you may have problems with activation (unless anyone knows any different?). Just get a Techstream from one of the sellers on eBay. They may or may not be kosher and I hesitate to post a link because we're not supposed to talk about illicit stuff here. It will run on a Windows 8 PC (preferably upgraded to 8.1 and on to 10.) It will work on the '14 GS250 for sure  and I would think on the GS300.

The OBDII socket is under the dash, in front of the steering column - usually has a cover over it (it is actually part of one of the body ecus)

BTW - it's very odd, but if I click on the link it takes me an amazon.com site and the comments on the product there are a bit worrying (and not in line with my experience of Techstream). But if I copy and paste I get to the (presumably intended) amazon.co.uk site. I'm on a VPN so maybe that's why?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links