Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus NX worst car in UK for real world fuel economy

If the batteries are housed under the boot, theoretically the boot in the 200T should be bigger, or at least there should be a split level boot. Not sure whether the batteries are under the boot, under the rear seat... or maybe both...

On 2/23/2016 at 4:22 PM, DanD said:

Interesting post. I will be considering moving from RX to NX in a couple of years once son number 2 goes to uni, but I am concerned about the loss of power going from one to the other. I am guessing that, if I don't want to sacrifice performance, I may have to consider the 200T... I;m also guessing that, at the end of the day, petrol consumption of the NX200T won't be too far from what I have been used to in the RX450h and previously RX400h. Thoughts anyone (Rayaan, don't let me down :wink3:)?

Petrol consumption shouldn't be too far away from the RX for the NX200T. Last time I drove it, it did like 25mpg or something on a day to day basis. That was in town so should improve on the motorway.

Id be more concerned about things you miss out on with the NX such as the memory seats!! And honestly speaking, the NX is hardly that much smaller than the 3RX anyway. Its narrower but hardly any shorter.

You can get better discounts on the 200T as well which should offset higher fuel costs in the 200t although depreciation will inevitably be higher until possibly after the 300h hybrid Battery warrantys start running out.

The comments about the boot are just odd - I have 3 kids and can get everything into an IS never mind an NX! Im sure the NX200T has more underfloor storage as well compared to the NX300h

I think it's because he has a dog in a large dog carrier, so most of the space has gone before the luggage for the family of 5 can be loaded. Should've gone for a Sorento or Santa Fe if he needed a huge cargo area, but he's young, and I think he suffers from a bad case of badge snobbery. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links