Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Dashcams

6 minutes ago, toffee_pie said:

you do know that the mini 0806 can be taken off in a few seconds., even when its not removed it is hardly visible compared to other monstrosity's out there.

I agree, some are more discrete than others :smile:

17 minutes ago, Joe 300h said:

Was addressing toffee pie Steve but cheers for the info :wink3: defo would like to find a fuse that could be used for motion detection  or cctv 

I just poked around in the fuse box in the pax footwell and found a constant feed, ign controlled feed and Earth. Cameras run constantly until a pre set Battery voltage and then switch off.

38 minutes ago, toffee_pie said:

you do know that the mini 0806 can be taken off in a few seconds., even when its not removed it is hardly visible compared to other monstrosity's out there.

I agree, some are more discrete than others :smile:

6 minutes ago, C Mclean said:

I just poked around in the fuse box in the pax footwell and found a constant feed, ign controlled feed and Earth. Cameras run constantly until a pre set battery voltage and then switch off.

I wish I was sufficiently competent to wire mine up for motion activated surveillance.  The camera has the ability, but I don't :iim:

I'm very happy that I got it all working in a very discrete position without any wires visible.  Active while driving was the initial motivation, so very content with that :thumbup:

Dont really see the need for dash cams  - they're abused more than they are used correctly.

Have you seen all the youtube videos with titles like "Dashcam stories: idiot drivers" and the like?

Legally you have to put CCTV signs on your property if it looks onto the road which is council owned, therefore, don't see why cars with dash cams shouldnt have "dashcam on board" warnings as theres some right idiots out there who shouldn't have the privelege of recording everything that goes on on the roads.

And if you have one, you have to show your insurance company the footage even if you were at fault! Some insurance companies will hike the price a little bit as its seen as a "stealable item" especially because they arent exactly cheap.

[/quote

I think you will find that only applies to commercial premises, there is now such requirement as long as the camera is not pointing into your neighbour's property or garden.

I have had a car roll back into my car at traffic lights at night with the deliberate intent to claim I drove into them.

Without my dashcam evidence it would have been hard to prove, as it was the police acted on the evidence I produced & the driver was charged.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 16/02/2016 at 8:00 PM, Joe 300h said:

Hi all have just joined got my is300h on Friday was looking for a bit of help with dashcam I am buying  1 from Halfords would like to know if any other members  have had 1 fitted .and if so what fuse did you use to enable the cctv motion any comments  would be much appreciated  cheers Joe 

Got dashcam fitted today 24/2 by Halford's Rutherglen Glasgow fitter (jamie)put me at ease when he told me he owned a lexus done a great job hardwired into dome fuse no mess camera working great ☺☺☺👍

Its very discreet. I have the same camera in my car and you can't see it from the driver's seat. It's also harder to spot from the outside on a saloon as that dark polkadot film stuff is extended lower down the screen than on a convertible.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, toffee_pie said:

hmm, not too sure how discreet that is? you commented on mine being obstructive? mine is hardly visible from my drivers side behind the mirror.

I actually commented that I considered yours "a bit conspicuous," not obstructive.  I can't comment further as your pics are no longer on the thread.

As Kodiak Sky says, mine isn't apparent from the driver's seat.  I took the pic right up by the mirror, so you could see it.

I'm finding it tedious, not just on my threads, but every time I see a post from you toffee_pie it usually takes the form of a challenge to the previous poster.

The camera is removable in a few seconds, but I leave it in situ.  It doesn't have Battery power, so little point.  If there is an incident and I need additional photos, I'll use my mobile.

My daughter has the same dashcam mounted in the same fashion in a Fiesta ST.  Hers is permanently powered and is equally inconspicuous and it recorded naughty footage when it was in the dealer for a repair.  The service guy didn't like the mudflaps (that's an understatement !), I don't think he'd have gone on and on if he'd eyeballed the dashcam.  A search on youtube for Think Ford Guildford should find it if you're interested.

It would have looked even more discrete if you had mounted the lens in line with the edge of the dotted area.  The cable cover is optional or can be cut to length.

carcam2_zps3dcd588f.jpg

Great choice of camera.

Ed

1 minute ago, capese21 said:

It would have looked even more discrete if you had mounted the lens in line with the edge of the dotted area. The cable cover is optional or can be cut to length.

carcam2_zps3dcd588f.jpg

Great choice of camera.

Ed

I agree, it was only after I'd mounted it that I realised I could have shortened the cable cover bit.  Never mind, I'm very pleased with both the install and the quality of the camera.

It was your original thread that put me on to this camera Ed, so thanks for that.  Best £50 I've spent on the car !

As Kodiak Sky says, the dotty shade area extends lower down the screen on a saloon than my convertible.  When mounting mine, I considered the best place for it in relation to my rear view mirror.  That's probably why it ended up where it is.

18 minutes ago, steveledzep said:

As Kodiak Sky says, the dotty shade area extends lower down the screen on a saloon than my convertible.  When mounting mine, I considered the best place for it in relation to my rear view mirror.  That's probably why it ended up where it is.

It is a great install.

I like this camera because it matches the way Lexus fitted the mirror & rain sensor so looks stock. Mine recorded the mechanic at the dealership saying to his colleague " that's the best fitted dash cam I has ever seen, I didn't even notice it"  

Ed.

• Like 1

on second thoughts it does look great and it matches the OEM fitting as pointed out, how is the quality compared to the 0806? I have mine on the highest resolution and it takes great footage.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links