Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

No contest, if money isnt an issue RX every day of the week. Its just a much more polished vehicle and you can tell that its a Lexus best seller.

Luxury trim is a good bet unless you want the F-Sport looks/handling or the Premier gadgets.

Bear in mind though that is MASSIVE. If you're not comfortable with driving big cars its not for you - its almost the same size as an RR Sport

I went from the IS to the NX and don't regret it for a moment. The RX is another grade up, not only in refinement but also cost and SIZE. For me, generally driving in suburbia the NX is perfect, the RX is just too big, even before I looked at the cost differential. Horses for courses.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

NX for me, as it is just me and my wife most of the time, with the odd time we we need to carry extra passengers. The RX is very big, or at least too big for what I want. If you have a big family, or carry extra passengers regularly then fine, the extra room in a RX would be good, but otherwise stick to the NX. 

You get used to the size though - I mean I started off driving a Ford Fiesta and Im now driving an RX which is twice the size - I wouldn't dare dream of going back that small again.

The RX is hard to beat on the motorway and in town really - just make sure you got enough space to park it and you'll be fine - dont have to worry about kerbed wheels either when doing full lock to mount the kerb

I know what you mean about size, to a degree, yes, you do get used to it. But, parking in some very tight spaces can be hard these days as car parks try to get the miost cars in the space provided. I really do not need a big car these days, for me a small/medium SUV is perfect, but if I had a young family then that would be different. Also, for me, the extra 2" width, although not much, may have been just too much for my driveway, as it would mean getting in and out a tad tight. 

10 hours ago, Goggy said:

I know what you mean about size, to a degree, yes, you do get used to it. But, parking in some very tight spaces can be hard these days as car parks try to get the miost cars in the space provided. I really do not need a big car these days, for me a small/medium SUV is perfect, but if I had a young family then that would be different. Also, for me, the extra 2" width, although not much, may have been just too much for my driveway, as it would mean getting in and out a tad tight. 

I guess that's true. I dont go in cities often and mostly on wide roads - not an issue for me. The only problems are when going through small roads with cars parked either side which aren't 1 way.

I don't think length is too much of a problem, its usually the width that becomes problematic but never had an issue in car parks with the current RX.

So here is more details to the original question.

I have a two year old IS300h. Got an itch.

I can change to an NX300h ~ 6 months old, or for the same price change to an RX450h which is ~ 2.5 years old (old model)????

Or stick and hold my IS for another year and get an RX new model? (I hope)

I would like to get back to an RX (coming from an RX300)

Views?

Sent from my Iphone using Lexus OC

It seems to me you're hankering after the new RX but don't want to wait. I suspect if you give in to the itch you may end up suffering from buyers remorse and regret not hanging on for the new RX. That's my take on it anyway. Good luck!

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

We went from a 12 month old NX to 16 month RX and have no regrets and we will probably go for the new RX when they are about year and a half old.

Off topic i know but there is a new Jaguar F-Pace parked on a drive near me and must say it does look well.I know they are not out quite yet but i live in JLR country here and we see all the models driving around before release.

3 hours ago, Eame64 said:

We went from a 12 month old NX to 16 month RX and have no regrets and we will probably go for the new RX when they are about year and a half old.

Off topic i know but there is a new Jaguar F-Pace parked on a drive near me and must say it does look well.I know they are not out quite yet but i live in JLR country here and we see all the models driving around before release.

It's a straight choice between the F Pace R Sport and the Lexus NX F Sport for me and I have to say that the Jag is ahead in my thoughts at the moment. I reckon I will miss the hybrid drive and the relative exclusivity but little else. I will make my mind up once Iv'e seen the F Pace in the flesh. My son has an XE and I'm quite impressed with that too.

The quality stinks though as you can see here 

I can personally vouch for that as ive seen a pre- production car. Jag leather is awful its not even real I don't think

Costs a lot of money too for what it is really. The NX has a better quality cabin and more kit whilst the RX is on another level quality wise. 

I should say I wasn't impressed with the XE either, too much cheap quality buttons in the cabin which are also used in the F Pace. Same with armrests and pleather. The IS cabin is better quality IMO than the XE especially the leather seats

• Like 1

My IS is one of the early ones with fake leather and cloth (can't remember the name) but it is pretty crap to be honest. I do think that Lexus quality will stand the test of time better than the Jag. I'm going to the F Pace launch night in March so will be able to make a decision after seeing one in the flesh. It will be hard to leave the Lexus brand though!

2 hours ago, Wicksy said:

My IS is one of the early ones with fake leather and cloth (can't remember the name) but it is pretty crap to be honest. I do think that Lexus quality will stand the test of time better than the Jag. I'm going to the F Pace launch night in March so will be able to make a decision after seeing one in the flesh. It will be hard to leave the Lexus brand though!

Ive never seen an F-Sport with cloth before. All the ones at the dealer have the leather which is well worth adding. Lexus in the UK atleast have the same grade of leather on all cars in the UK, its definitely quality hide.

Worth taking a look at the NX as well. I have my reservations on the drivetrain coming from a 450h but the interior quality is astounding for how much it costs.

The fake leather is called Nu Luxe which covers half of the seat, the rest is definitely cloth - mine was one of the first ones ordered so maybe they changed to all leather shortly after. I will definitely check out the Nx - unfortunately my budget isn't enough to move into RX territory 

1 hour ago, Wicksy said:

The fake leather is called Nu Luxe which covers half of the seat, the rest is definitely cloth - mine was one of the first ones ordered so maybe they changed to all leather shortly after. I will definitely check out the Nx - unfortunately my budget isn't enough to move into RX territory 

If Im not mistaken, the cloth/pleather is standard but there's very few cars with it actually for sale. It seems most go for the leather option with memory seats etc.

An ex-demo RX would always be good. Looking at how much the premier has dropped in 2 months, Id say by November, they'll be around £50k. 1 year old ones will be around £45k I reckon.

Definitely look at the NX. I thoroughly enjoyed my IS300h F Sport but if the NX had been around then I'd have gone straight for it. I have the F Sport so a direct comparison to the IS and IMO Rayaan is correct, the interior is definitely a step up.

The lack of power I read about concerned me so I had a couple of test drives in an F Sport (suspension sportier then premier) and didn't find it to be a problem at all.

The mpg didn't concern me from a financial perspective but since having a hybrid I've become rather anal about it. The IS returned 38 - 42 depending on the weather. I've had the NX since end of Sept, 4000 miles on and lifetime computer average is bang on 35.

I slightly miss the memory seats, only for the dipping mirrors on reverse (but also less of a kerbing issue as the tyres are bigger).

I have the power tailgate which is great and the adaptive cruise which IMO is superb. I also have the Sport+ AVS which to me makes no deference at all.

Hope this helps [emoji4]

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

• Like 1