Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

'his And Hers' Iss

Hi there

A while back, I posted about buying an IS300 (hoping to get one in the next few months), and got lots of helpful replies.

Now I have another question I hope you can help with: my boyfriend (yes, I'm one of the few girlies on the forum!) wants to buy a car at about the same time, and has been looking at the new SAAB 9-3. Looking at the extensive options list for SAAB, (not to mention the problems the new model seems plagued by) I think he's better off getting an IS, but am a bit put off by the 'his-and-hers' aspect; what do you guys think?

All the best

P.S. Sorry for mentioning SAAB on the forum!

A van!?!

Please explain Dave.

Oh, and I think my missues would love to have an IS to park next to mine..

up here,blokes have vans,or wrecks,birds have sporty numbers,i`m lucky ive got both,for now ;)i would like my wife to have a lex but she doesnt like them,his and hers same would be nice,both the same colour.i like the new saab turbo,oohhh :winky:

A van!?!

Please explain Dave.

Oh, and I think my missues would love to have an IS to park next to mine..

up here,blokes have vans,or wrecks,birds have sporty numbers,i`m lucky ive got both,for now ;)i would like my wife to have a lex but she doesnt like them,his and hers same would be nice,both the same colour.i like the new saab turbo,oohhh :winky:

The one thats advertised on the telly now, looks very nice. Its that good, have you noticed how it some how heats the road up in front of it to avoid it getting wet or dirty.... clever people those Swedes!!! :lol:

Hi again :)

'He' likes the 2.0T 9-3 Aero in black. It looks quite good, but the steering feels vague, and the handbrake feels as though it would come off in your hand - not sure this is what I'd expect from a £25000+ car! Anyone else driven one?

Back to Lexus now :D . I sent for a brochure a while back, and since then I've had a few glossy packages of various promotional literature in the mail, keeps making me drool! Lexus really know how to reel you in to spend your cash!

All the best

i know 2 people who have bought new Saab's....

both have had no end of problems in the 6 months they have had them.

one needed a new fuel injection system

the other was delivered with a faulty handbrake..i.e, it never worked!!!, and one of its drive shafts needs replacing because its warped

i know 2 people who have bought new Saab's....

both have had no end of problems in the 6 months they have had them.

one needed a new fuel injection system

the other was delivered with a faulty handbrake..i.e, it never worked!!!, and one of its drive shafts needs replacing because its warped

Stick to Lexus!!! :lol:

Nic eto see some more girls on here.

I think it would be wicked to have one for each!! Stop the curbing on the boys one!! he he.

Lexus would give you a wicked discount for buying 2 too. Well worth it. Get one with the styling kit, very nice.

well i was going to buy one and after taking it for a test drive was quite happy, then put my deposit on a 9-3 aero convertible and a week before it was mine i took a test drive in an IS200 se and prompty phoned up SAAB to tell them to give my deposit back and gave it to lexus!

there is no way i would have the saab now i have driven a lexus.

your right about the handbrake, i thought it was just me when i pulled it up!

also had a best friend who worked for saab city in london bridge, he said that they are having constant problems with the range of new 9-3's.

Hi :)

I think the problem is that there is a lack of credible options in sports saloons, if you don't really want a BMW. The others are either pretty bland or overpriced.

At the end of the day, I suppose it comes down to whether the car feels 'right' and whether it puts a smile on your face whenever you drive it. (Of course, being able to work the handbrake helps as well :D ).

All the best

The reason why saab are rubbish is because they are built by vauxhall (general motors).ever driven a good vauxhall

Yep.

my 1990 Cavalier I had in my final year of Uni, bettered only by the Lex...

Well you asked :)

The reason why saab are rubbish is because they are built by vauxhall (general motors).ever driven a good vauxhall

Exactly!!

GM bought over SAAB in 95.

i.e. Vauxhall.......... Leave that well alone.

The new SAAB is based on the Vauxhall Vectra :sick:

Buy a Lexus.... I did! :P