Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

NX Back from hospital

I was following a car on a green traffic light controlled roundabout when he suddenly stopped. I hadn't seen or heard it but there was an ambulance approaching from the left and he was correct to stop. Unfortunately I went into the back of him at about 5 mph. Much too slow for the crash collision stuff to do its thing.

There was no damage to his car, an old Honda Civic. I had a crack in the bumper and two breaks in the chrome grille surround. If you look carefully you can see the damage on the pic.

5a057f9899659b0de5a9541676572d98.jpg

A quick trip to Lexus and wait for the quote, not certain whether I'd claim on my insurance or just pay it. I knew I had to report it to my Insurers irrespective of whether I claimed, but when I received the quote, and had recovered, it was a no brainer. A new bumper and grill surround, plastic trim along the bottom and painting.

£3,100 [emoji15][emoji15]

Needless to say my Insurers, Admiral, were less than impressed and certainty couldn't understand the paint cost and the need to feather in across the wings. They wanted it done at the "approved repairers" which I flatly refused and after a modest row they gave in and off it went to Lexus.

No courtesy car from Admiral as I wasn't using their approved repairer but Lexus, true to form, went the extra mile and I've been driving an IS200T for the last 10 days.

df499c6ddd082a74b8ca224f145664d9.jpg

Certainly a quick car but I couldn't wait to get mine back this afternoon. The traction control far too keen, mpg of 25 and a gearbox that couldn't seem to make its mind up.

The repair costs are crazy, the body shop manager was telling me of a yob who kicked out at an IS, dented the bumper and set the pop up bonnet off. Made mine look cheap by comparison.

Anyway, I have mine back now, not that anyone would notice the difference tbh, and I have protected NCB so hopefully the hit at renewal won't be too bad.

Moral of the story, even at 5 mph, keep my distance!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DJP said:

I was following a car on a green traffic light controlled roundabout when he suddenly stopped. I hadn't seen or heard it but there was an ambulance approaching from the left and he was correct to stop. Unfortunately I went into the back of him at about 5 mph. Much too slow for the crash collision stuff to do its thing.

There was no damage to his car, an old Honda Civic. I had a crack in the bumper and two breaks in the chrome grille surround. If you look carefully you can see the damage on the pic.

A quick trip to Lexus and wait for the quote, not certain whether I'd claim on my insurance or just pay it. I knew I had to report it to my Insurers irrespective of whether I claimed, but when I received the quote, and had recovered, it was a no brainer. A new bumper and grill surround, plastic trim along the bottom and painting.

£3,100 emoji15.pngemoji15.png

Needless to say my Insurers, Admiral, were less than impressed and certainty couldn't understand the paint cost and the need to feather in across the wings. They wanted it done at the "approved repairers" which I flatly refused and after a modest row they gave in and off it went to Lexus.

No courtesy car from Admiral as I wasn't using their approved repairer but Lexus, true to form, went the extra mile and I've been driving an IS200T for the last 10 days.

Certainly a quick car but I couldn't wait to get mine back this afternoon. The traction control far too keen, mpg of 25 and a gearbox that couldn't seem to make its mind up.

The repair costs are crazy, the body shop manager was telling me of a yob who kicked out at an IS, dented the bumper and set the pop up bonnet off. Made mine look cheap by comparison.

Anyway, I have mine back now, not that anyone would notice the difference tbh, and I have protected NCB so hopefully the hit at renewal won't be too bad.

Glad to hear its back. Wife's prang - not sure if you saw it over on the IS forum but came to around your figure as well.

Front bumper and right wing were replaced along with painting, blending to both fenders and the bumper.

Atleast the damage wasn't too bad though!

£3,100 [emoji15][emoji15]

Glad to hear its back. Wife's prang - not sure if you saw it over on the IS forum but came to around your figure as well.

Front bumper and right wing were replaced along with painting, blending to both fenders and the bumper.

Atleast the damage wasn't too bad though!

Yes I did see yours and knowing you are also with Admiral helped me convince them I wasn't the only Lexus owner not going anywhere apart from Lexus for the repair work. There's no way their approved repairer has replaced an NX bumper and tried to match in Sonic White pearl paint [emoji50] and I wasn't going to be a guinea pig.

It's great to have it back and apart from being pretty quick the 200t left me cold. The sales guy was saying to me nobody likes it and it's not well placed against its competition either.

I'm driving even slower now and the slightest hint of an emergency vehicle and I'm in full alert. The problem with my incident was the ambulance was approaching from an underpass that I couldn't see. Nonetheless it was my fault.

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

I thought the 200t was pretty good but its the gears that annoyed me. Its fine for cruising but its not exactly sporty as it should be. Would have been awesome with a ZF

Ive always had issues with emergency vehicles - I can't hear them very well inside the RX when I have music on :O Maybe they need to start making their sirens louder!

15 minutes ago, stevet said:

I'm going to have to drive a 200t to see what the gears are like. I might be ok as its supposed to be the gearbox that was in my ISF.

As with all things I guess it depends on your driving habits, mine are mostly about town so I found it was forever changing up or down, and when I did have the opportunity to boot it the traction control light started flashing in true Lexus nanny style. I also didn't like the mpg, I did about 300 miles in short journeys and teh av mpg as per computer was 19.7. I had one motorway journey of 200 miles and that raised the overall average to 26.

I know I would find the lack of opportunity to drive the car as it should be, in conjunction with the mpg, totally frustrating and would end up flooring it when I shouldn't with points on the licence a likely consequence.

Getting back into the NX was a joy. At risk of repetition, horses for courses.  

20 minutes ago, stevet said:

Those figures are no better than the 5Ltr ISF! Progress?

In fairness the car only had 600 miles on it when I picked it up so hopefully the figures would get better, but even so it reminded of when I went from the 2nd Gen IS250 to the IS300h and halved my petrol bill.

Did not like the 200T either. Too much hesitation when pulling out at junctions etc, and too much hunting around for the right gear once on the move. A missed opportunity. I wonder if the NX200t suffers from the same issues.

3 hours ago, DanD said:

Did not like the 200T either. Too much hesitation when pulling out at junctions etc, and too much hunting around for the right gear once on the move. A missed opportunity. I wonder if the NX200t suffers from the same issues.

NX200T doesn't suffer from this due to its 6 speed transmission. The IS200T uses the same transmission as the RC-F which is prone to hesitation. The updated version in the GS-F is pretty good though!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links