Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Windscreen defogging passenger side first

Hi all,

I just noticed that the front windscreen defogging is defogging the passenger side of the windscreen a lot faster than the driver side (and actually, the windscren airflow in general seems directed much more towards the passenger side - after 15  minutes of air con, my driver corners still had steam whereas the passenger side had been cleared after a few minutes).

I looks like the air flow hasn't been adjusted for UK right-hand side drivers. I'll ask my Lexus garage, but does anyone know any trick to fix this?

Cheers

18 hours ago, L Janin said:

Hi all,

I just noticed that the front windscreen defogging is defogging the passenger side of the windscreen a lot faster than the driver side (and actually, the windscren airflow in general seems directed much more towards the passenger side - after 15  minutes of air con, my driver corners still had steam whereas the passenger side had been cleared after a few minutes).

I looks like the air flow hasn't been adjusted for UK right-hand side drivers. I'll ask my Lexus garage, but does anyone know any trick to fix this?

Cheers

Should really be clearing at the same time. it does in my RX.

Any chance dealer's stuck some anti fogging agent on that side and forgot to do the drivers side?

Had no similar problems with mine - I wonder if one of the servo motors is not working properly - tbh comparing an RX to NX is like comparing apples with pears so not exactly going to answer your question!

On 2/21/2016 at 6:24 PM, Nelsthebass said:

Had no similar problems with mine - I wonder if one of the servo motors is not working properly - tbh comparing an RX to NX is like comparing apples with pears so not exactly going to answer your question!

Not really, they all use a similiar de-fogging setup. They aren't that different.

And.... the IS doesn't do one side first either.

Thanks for your replies.

Maybe one side of my windscreen was more on the sunny side than the other... I tried to park in the opposite direction (at work) for a few days, but didn't get any steam at all this week!