Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus offer

29 minutes ago, keywest said:

Local dealer offering one day offer of cost price + £100 on new cars. Any idea what cost price would be for a RX or a NX?

When they say "cost price" its not actually cost price. Its actually "cost price" + £100 + profit + VAT which eventually gets you maybe £1k off an RX atm. For an NX, Lexus Scotland are giving £5k off a new one if you're quick.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, keywest said:

Thanks for the explanation. It's suprising how quickly the NXPrices are dropping. Some good nearly new prices out there for the NX as well

If you are wanting an NX give Scotland a call, they'll stick you on their VIP list and give you around £5k off an NX F Sport. They have about 20 in different colors. It'll work out around £35k or something 

23 hours ago, keywest said:

Local dealer offering one day offer of cost price + £100 on new cars. Any idea what cost price would be for a RX or a NX?

'Cost price' is a con. It doesn't take into account all of the manufacturer kick backs and bonuses etc. that dealers get.

38 minutes ago, keywest said:

For all their talk about customer satisfaction I suppose it's too much to expect them to make their offers totally transparent. At the end of the day they are still car salesmen!

Although the car may cost £5k out of the factory, then you have to remember the development costs of the car before it was made, transportation costs and import costs before it actually gets to the dealer. Then the dealer has to buy these cars (probably around the £20-25k) mark and VAT gets added to it as well as the dealer PDI costs and profits.

Even though Lexus Scotland are giving £5k off a new NX, I bet they're still making atleast £5k profit on them

I don't get how the yanks pay the same in dollars as we do in pounds for the same spec vehicles and I'm not even going to mention the somewhat ludicrous markup the dealers place on approved used vehicles....

11 hours ago, ChrisKaye said:

I don't get how the yanks pay the same in dollars as we do in pounds for the same spec vehicles and I'm not even going to mention the somewhat ludicrous markup the dealers place on approved used vehicles....

Probably the usual main dealer 8k mark up. 4k less paid than private sale and 4k more sale price than private sale.

20 hours ago, ChrisKaye said:

I think its a bit different in the US simply because they sell so many of the things that they can make less profit per unit but more profit overall due to volume.

1 hour ago, rayaans said:

I think its a bit different in the US simply because they sell so many of the things that they can make less profit per unit but more profit overall due to volume.

Yes, read somewhere US buys 275,000 annually. The whole of Europe takes about 40,000

15 minutes ago, ChrisKaye said:

Lexus Europe do tend to deliberately restrict supply though to keep prices buoyant.

Im not too sure, not in the UK anyway. Cars like the RC-F will be but the UK gets as many RX's and CT's as it wants Id assume, as long as dealers are confident they'll sell them all.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links