Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Bought a lovely LS430 today!

I was planning to see the grey/green one in Swindon on Thursday, but I spotted this one on Gumtree and only 35 miles away.  Mint condition, 117K complete Lexus history to date, and owned by the present guy for the last 10 years, he's just bought an LS460.  Even the steering motors both work!  It could be 3 years old, I've rarely seen a car of this age looking so immaculate.  Picking it up next week.  I may well be having coilovers fitted, well, at the first sign of trouble anyway!  I'll put some better photos on when I get it back. 

063.jpg

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Lexmanic said:

Nice..........How much?

Now that's almost as bad as asking a woman her age!  I paid £2,400

Hard to believe that he always kept it in that garage, but he did.  It doesn't look big enough but he opened it up to reveal his LS460 inside.

• Like 1

Thank you gentlemen, and I can honestly say the photo doesn't do it justice.  I turned up in my work clothes and I was uncomfortable about sitting inside because it looked like it had just come out of the showroom.  It'll need a couple of tyres soon, and when the weather improves I'll replace the radiator as a precaution. The cambelt was replaced by Lexus about 40k ago so hopefully no worries there, and it has 3 keys which is good.  The guy was clearly fanatical about looking after it, he's just about to retire and says his LS460 will be his last Lexus.

1 hour ago, Scribe said:

Congratulations.  You must be chuffed.  I look forward to coming over and seeing it some time.

Most definitely, and you're welcome to drive it, it'll interesting to know your thoughts comparing the two models.

11 hours ago, The-Acre said:

Most definitely, and you're welcome to drive it, it'll interesting to know your thoughts comparing the two models.

Dangerous - I'll probably want one then!

I agree with Barney - just the sort of owner you want to buy from.  He's not a member of this forum, presumably?

It just shows you need to be patient and a genuine one will come up.

AS LONG AS IT IS NOT IN THE WEST MIDLANDS!

That looks immaculate and well worth the money. Keep us all posted on your ownership.

Congratulations on finding a good LS!

44 minutes ago, Spacewagon52 said:

It just shows you need to be patient and a genuine one will come up.

AS LONG AS IT IS NOT IN THE WEST MIDLANDS!

That looks immaculate and well worth the money. Keep us all posted on your ownership.

Congratulations on finding a good LS!

When I spoke to the guy selling his car in Swindon he said he had a call from someone in the Midlands offering to buy it without even seeing it, offering a silly price of course....I wonder who that was...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Scribe said:

Dangerous - I'll probably want one then!

I agree with Barney - just the sort of owner you want to buy from.  He's not a member of this forum, presumably?

No, certainly not a member.  He said he always asks Lexus to tell him if there are any problems.  I'm not sure he's all that mechanically minded, but he certainly knows how to look after a car, a very nice gent anyway.

I hope after all the nice words from everyone it lives up to expectations!  I'm picking it up on Tuesday as it's the start of the month, i didn't want to tax it until then. Let me know when you want to meet up, I'm happy to come your way this time if you prefer. 

2 minutes ago, Chasdad said:

Your more patient than iam. I would have taxed it. Our family volvo is going soon. I'd be tempted into an lpg one of these. Maybe a bit big fir everyday use though 

I'm not generally like that, it must be old age maturing me! At least you didn't land yourself with a duffer today. My Volvo is a lovely car and I use it as a nice workhorse, but we all need a toy as well don't we!

Hope you have more luck than I did with mine. Changing the radiator is a good idea, I think that's what caused my gearbox to fail in the spectacular way it did allowing water into the gearbox. One minute I was driving a nice car, the next I was at the side of the road awaiting green flag rescue with no drive in any gears!!! The cost of repair or replacement was more than the car was worth.

6 hours ago, mrdoofa said:

Hope you have more luck than I did with mine. Changing the radiator is a good idea, I think that's what caused my gearbox to fail in the spectacular way it did allowing water into the gearbox. One minute I was driving a nice car, the next I was at the side of the road awaiting green flag rescue with no drive in any gears!!! The cost of repair or replacement was more than the car was worth.

I replaced the radiator on my last LS430, it's a very easy job. I posted some photos of where I believe the problem begins.  I took the old one apart and the cooler inside was fine, and made of aluminium, but the unions where the transmission pipes join it outside were going very rusty.

8 hours ago, Colin M said:

Well done, Phil - just wanted to add my congratulations on what looks like a great buy.

Thank you,

I picked it up today and it really is lovely! Because of the condition inside and out I'm happy to spend some money if and when needed to keep it that way.  It would be very hard to find another one as nice.

• Like 3