Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Dirty weather right now.

Goggy

I hate a dirty car. It's just me, I'm not obsessive, but I just cannot leave it long if it looks dirty. Currently, the weather is making the car dirty no sooner do I clean it. Since I bought my NX in September I have yet to use a car wash, either auto or the local Eastern European cleaners (who incidentally do great job). So when the sun comes out, I am out there with a bucket and various bits and pieces making my car gleaming again. Luckily, being Sonic Titanium, it does not show the dirt like my previous Obsidian Black CT did, but it sure looks nice after I have finished. I have it down to a fine art, even the quick washes I do right now which take about 45 minutes. Bought some Rain-X windscreen repellent today, I hear it is very good.  I'll let you know what I think. 

12 hours ago, Goggy said:

I hate a dirty car. It's just me, I'm not obsessive, but I just cannot leave it long if it looks dirty. Currently, the weather is making the car dirty no sooner do I clean it. Since I bought my NX in September I have yet to use a car wash, either auto or the local Eastern European cleaners (who incidentally do great job). So when the sun comes out, I am out there with a bucket and various bits and pieces making my car gleaming again. Luckily, being Sonic Titanium, it does not show the dirt like my previous Obsidian Black CT did, but it sure looks nice after I have finished. I have it down to a fine art, even the quick washes I do right now which take about 45 minutes. Bought some Rain-X windscreen repellent today, I hear it is very good.  I'll let you know what I think. 

Put the rain x on properly or you'll get blinding glare at night and serious wiper issues. Wipers will need a clean too with some glass cleaner or they'll leave streaks on it.

You dont really need to wash the car that often unless its got road salt or something on it. Just leave it be until it gets unbearable.

• 2 months later...

There is a lot of dust blowing in again, due to winds from the south most likely picking up Sahara'n sand particles. Annoying, a nice clean car one day, dusty the next. Grrrrr. 

I got it as well, cleaned the car one day, next day covered in thick dust, made to look even worse from about 50 rain spots which apparently constitutes a shower!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links