Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

0-30mph time of the IS300H versus Nissan Leaf

Whilst out in my Leaf last night i noticed some idiot darting in/out of traffic behind me, assumed it was a BMW/Audi. At the set of lights the said car ended up pulling next to me....I was shocked to see it was a IS300H :(

The Leaf isn't quick to 60 (10 seconds), but given we were in a 30 zone I thought let's see what happens when the lights go green...To my susprise (and probably the idiot next to me), the Leaf pulled a car length ahead up till about 30, at which point I slowed down. 

I was genuinely amazed the Leaf could beat a car rated at 200bhp off the line....Next time I'm in the IS must try to check the 0-30 times, as I would have thought the initial pick up would be good given the boost from the electric motor??

Still just goes to show the advantage of having access to 100% of the torque at 0rpm...Cannot wait to try the same thing in a quicker EV :).

All electric vehicles are reputedly pretty quick off the mark and up to 30mph  because power and torque are available straight away. I test drove a Renault Zoe, and it was very quick also... up to 30-40mph.

Also you have to assume he had all his Battery available :)

In the IS, coming out of work car park, where the speed bumps make for a slow inching over them.

The people in their Audi/BMW's try to push me faster, and to go faster would risk grounding the front. But  blip of the throttle to 30mph leaves them a little shocked and stranded.

David.

I have an IS300h and I think it's the hesitation in the car that makes it loses the acceleration against the leaf, to compensate that I have fitted a Tom's LTS throttle controller that will eliminate the issue and get instant throttle reactions. Easy for and very effective too.

7 hours ago, wongerico said:

I have an IS300h and I think it's the hesitation in the car that makes it loses the acceleration against the leaf, to compensate that I have fitted a Tom's LTS throttle controller that will eliminate the issue and get instant throttle reactions. Easy for and very effective too.

I don't notice any hesitation from 0 to 30 when nipping out of a side road into gap in the traffic.

Ed:unsure:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links