Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is250 exhaust system

Teussi

Hey,

New guy writing to UK forum from Finland!

I'm interested about that where have you guys ordered your exhaust systems? here in Finland they charge +1000€ cat backs.

I'm been looking eBay and mostly all of them are sold in USA. the only problem wit the USA its shipping rates. They charge atleast 250$ from shipping and many company even up to 500$

So i'm asking if anyone here knows is there any shop in the Europe where i could find reasonable price and shipping to Finland?

Thanks,

Timo

Most of the nice bits are from USA, i think you are better off getting a custom exhaust pipe made for the car.

I'm in 2 minds to get an induction kit or an exhaust, i dont like loud droning sounds.

I had a custom stainless cat back made by a company over in the UK - Cybrand - but I would not recommend them. Not much use to you but one to knock of as a potential supplier.

Think very hard about fitting a stainless exhaust as if you get it wrong you can be left with a hell of a drone around from it around 2k revs. Novelty at first but it eventually spoils the driving. Some of my weld and folds have failed on this custom one.

I am that fed up with mine that I am putting together one myself with parts I have sourced over the web. Just waiting for some good weather and a bit of time to fit them together. Thinking easter will be a good opportunity. I was going to list the parts and a guide on a "how to" when I done it. The free flow exhausts while "releasing" a bit of power from the engine has a drawback in creating more noise especially in stainless steel. Once done it will have new centre box / pipe and I am fitting a quad boxes to get rid of the exhaust gass quicker which I am hoping (have been told) will eradicate the drone or at best will move the frequency of it further up the rev range so it wont affect the drive.

Get a K&N typhoon, the difference is like night and day over the stock filter. Around town its perfectly normal but when you get into ca. 4k rpm it lets out a very satisfying growl, and get increasingly louder depending on the pressure on your right foot. :), I am shocked that no one else on here seems to have them.20151103_175209.jpg20150314_140320%252520%2525281%252529.jp

Seems the k&n is the best option since the f sport is alot harder to obtain. I would love to have the growl at low rpm but with a custom exhaust, you can't tell how loud/droney it will be. The best test I think would be to start the car up 6am and it shouldn't wake the neighbours or feel like your waking them lol

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone on here had straight pipes made up and fitted? Im looking to buy a 250 and I'm a bit of an asbo when it comes to exhaust noise so would be looking to go straight pipes all the way back. Just wondering if it would bring up any dash lights etc?

• 5 months later...
On 26/02/2016 at 1:50 PM, Teussi said:

Hey,

New guy writing to UK forum from Finland!

I'm interested about that where have you guys ordered your exhaust systems? here in Finland they charge +1000€ cat backs.

I'm been looking ebay and mostly all of them are sold in USA. the only problem wit the USA its shipping rates. They charge atleast 250$ from shipping and many company even up to 500$

So i'm asking if anyone here knows is there any shop in the Europe where i could find reasonable price and shipping to Finland?

Thanks,

Timo

you can try a company here in the uk called  WWW.DEMONTWEEKS.COM 

• 3 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links