Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Radio time shift

Just picked up a is300h on Saturday and trying to work out the infotainment system, not simple. Having problems with DAB but think on reading another post this is to do with a 12v charger plugged in the console that has an LED on it. Certain thats what it is thinking as was fine until I put all my stuff in and plugged the charger in.

What does the time shift do and what should it be set to?

• 4 weeks later...

I'm assuning it's not as easy as it goes better when you unplug it? IF not something else going on and might be worth Lexus looking at the antenna amp.

The time shift allows you to step back and listen to something again. Leave it on zero for real time. I've not played with it much but I've gone back 5 mins when I missed something on the news.

Yeah it's a really nice feature.

Basically, as mentioned above, you can rewind the stuff you've already listened to. Great for hearing songs again if someone won't stop talking. Don't do what I do, be listening to something about 30 mins behind live radio, hop out to get something, forget the car is already on.. hit the power button and turn it off, thereby losing my time shift! 1st world problems eh?

Having recently driven a **** load of other cars with supposedly premium sound systems, I was surprised to see time shift, or any similar feature, missing from all DAB - aside from my lovely Lexus ;)

And in relation to the DAB not working.. that sounds pretty weird. So what's the thinking? LED causing interference or noise and stopping DAB signal? I have had a dash cam, with LED on plug, plugged into the 12v in the centre console for about 18 months. DAB has been good as gold.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links