Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Potential ISF OWNER

All, I am looking to step into ISF ownership and looking to purchase at the end of March. I have tried to find a buyers guide, but not sure one exists. 

Apart from the normal FSH  and low mileage. Anything to look out for ? As far as I can see they are quite bullet proof in there reliability.

Gav

Low mileage isn't really a necessity given how reliable they are. As you have already said, full history with evidence that it has been serviced on time and had all the work done. Aside from that as long as it drives fine and doesn't have any odd noises etc and the bodywork is straight you will be fine. What Mitsubishi do you currently own? Have you viewed any ISFs yet and whereabouts in God's own county are you? 

Hi Gib, 

based in Huddersfield not to far away from you. You might remember me from Club vr4 (2700gavin). Well still have the VR4 , just going for some repairs and then going into storage. 

Went for a drive in the one posted in Shaks( SSC) nice car but a bit dodge as for some reason came up with every reason not to show me the service history and the service from them was dire , so I walked away.

have seen the black one that came onto auto trader this weekend , the one at 16500 , I think they are in Nottingham.

Gav

Welcome. Lots of interest in isf's in the last 3 months!

Make sure the wheels and callipers are not pealing as this happens on some of the cars. Make sure all wheels are facing the correct way. Each wheel is unique to each corner of the car. The spoke blades force air on the the brakes to assist with cooling. 

Try and get one with updated nav on early models if you can as it enables you to plot routes while moving. The original system has this disabled as a safety feature.

Make sure the exhaust tips are secure as they are known to fall off and are bloody expensive to replace. 

Mechanicly they are solid so just the usual a regular servicing etc.

Wahey, nice to see another CVR4 member on here! Stuart has covered all the stuff that I missed. I've never been that trusting of Shaks or their stock but I have heard good things from friends. That said, if the service is poor and they aren't showing you the history then there is no point.

The Nottingham car looks clean, worth ringing them and asking them to read out the service stamps, dates and mileage for each one before you visit. Best of luck with your search.

Looks like the poor thing at Shaks has been well messed with. Wouldn't bother unless its about £4k less. I'd wait until the one just for you comes up for sale. There are not many around but owners don't seem to keep them for long. Took me 8 months before I found mine.

Had mine since may 14, things that have needed replacing

Rear wheel bearing 

Parking brake switch 

Alternator

Multi media system

All covered under warranty but total cost would of been over £4000.

I would recommend getting an extended warranty on these cars as if anything does go wrong its ususlly not cheap to fix.  Warranty is £895 For 2 years. 

Not sure if its a problem on later model cars but def an issue across the lexus range with the earlier models. That was the one worry i had before buying the isf as i knew its cost nearly £3k to replace.

A quick look on Google will point you to the issues regarding the mm unit.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?site=&source=hp&ei=7NbVVpvKCOHJ6AShlYTwCw&q=lexus+touch+screen+frozen&oq=lexus+touch+scree&gs_l=mobile-gws-hp.1.2.0l4j0i22i30.19392.26113.0.26701.19.18.1.8.8.0.1093.4486.0j12j2j5-1j1j1.17.0....0...1c.1j4.64.mobile-gws-hp..3.16.1686.3._g_CjOPc5SE

There is a cheaper fix for it though and think there is a sticky subject at the top of this forum for it. 

Yes they all point to the touch screen. The MM unit itself is ok. Its due to the heat expansion on the joints to the screen. Mainly in hot weather countries so probably why its quite rare here.

1 hour ago, MrW said:

IS-F ex rental???

The usual hire car company stock, ragged around by young lads on weekend hires etc. Not sure if I have ever seen an ISF available via the usual hire websites though.

28 minutes ago, GibletPH said:

The usual hire car company stock, ragged around by young lads on weekend hires etc. Not sure if I have ever seen an ISF available via the usual hire websites though.

Which was my point. I haven't ever seen one for hire either.

1 hour ago, MrW said:

Which was my point. I haven't ever seen one for hire either.

Yeah most of the stock on Shaks are all wedding hire cars or ones driven by 21 year olds for a period of 1 or more months. Thats why their cars usually have high miles on them.

1 minute ago, MrW said:

I noticed he had a couple of A45s, one was a facelift which are pretty scarce even at MB dealers.

Yeah they're bought by Hire car companies and then rented out. The rented car is then sold to Shaks after some time.

Ive had mine 4 years and covered 40k in it. here is the list of parts ive replaced, apart from front discs and pads;

1) eh,hold on, mmmm, no, cant think of anything.....eh...

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links