Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rear Wheel alignment?

Don't have to go to lexus, in my is220d got mine done from wheel alignment place using 4 wheel alignment computer, they do charge 35 for front, 35 for rear, I paid 60 because got it done together as my rear was out.just find place that uses 4 alignment computer 

On 29/02/2016 at 4:19 PM, Denboy said:

Could anyone please let me know if the rear wheels on my is250 is adjustable as I have uneven wear to the inside of my tyre on one side.

Thank you in advance. 

Yes that can be done (ATS does it for sure, Kwik Fit does it, but I wouldn't recommend them). You probably know that you need to replace those trashed tires before alignment i.e. alignment won't resurrect the tires which are already unevenly worn? 

The rear suspension is quite complex with two control arms, a toe control link and two suspension arms (and an anti-roll bar). There are specified settings and the workshop manual tells you how to adjust toe with the toe adjust plate nut, then there is a long sequence of inspections of precise measurements of the various components of the suspension geometry to check that damage has not caused camber to be out of spec, (if there is damage, it says to replace stuff - but then, the Lexus workshop manual is rather too keen to recommend replacement of almost anything), followed (if there is no damage) by the rather vague (quote)  "If the values are not within the specified ranges, adjust the installation bolt holding the rear suspension member to the vehicle body, or the bolt holding the upper control arm and rear suspension arm so that the values fall within the specified ranges".

Any tyre pace with 4-wheel alignment jig can measure rear suspension geometry - adjusting it will require them to know how - a National Tyres place I went to said they weren't prepared to try and adjust it as it was too complicated (even though they had a laser alignment rig).

So if it is just the toe that's out, most places should be able to do it. If camber is out, you will need somewhere properly knowledgeable.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links