Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Quick question, hope you can help...

I am going to be fitting some 19in TOM'S wheels to my GS and wondered what to do about the TPMS...

If I leave them in the 18in wheels is there a way of turning off the system so I don't get any warning lights etc?

Or am I better just transferring them across as the TOMS wheels are TPMS compatible. ..

Pretty sure you will have TPMS. Deflate one of your tyres below 30psi or thereabouts and you'll find out :)

I'd transfer your sensors to your new wheels - TPMS is obviously handy, and you'll probably have an ever-present warning without them...

Thanks, also got a message from the last owner confirming it has the system fitted. ..

Will swap the sensors over to avoid any annoying warning messages :)

These are the wheels in question :)

FB_IMG_1454352724802_zpsfonbtrck.jpg

If I were you I'd leave the sensors where they are and buy new. The threaded valve is alloy and will be corroded, they'll probably break getting them off, mine did.

These from eBay, have replaceable valves.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4x-TPMS-tyre-pressure-sensors-valves-for-LEXUS-GS-300-NEW-/301839822641?hash=item46470e2f31:g:nJQAAOSwX~dWh-Ns

You can also put the broken ones in the spare tyre but they'll be destroyed if you use it or make a pressurised container to fool the system.  

http://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-xb-2nd-gen-wheel-tire-1796/tpms-pvc-trick-works-updated-w-pics-144818/

• Like 1