Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Wood dash kit

Caractacus

Anyone found a site/firm who supplies a good wood-dash kit doe the Ls400 series?  I have searched intensly and failed.. Desperate to upgrade my Ls400 with wood effect  door cappings and fascia

What about someone breaking one on eBay, there are several at the moment. Correct me if I am wrong but  the wood inside an LS is actual wood and not wood effect like lots of other so called prestige manufacturers which would make it expensive for a 3rd party to make...

There are plenty available on eBay.com but of course completely useless for UK RHD models, you may find a source in Japan who do drive like us on the left but it is not easy to order anything from Japan.

Should you want to try the Lexus LS400 is known as the Toyota Celsior in Japan.

21 hours ago, Bluesman said:

What about someone breaking one on Ebay, there are several at the moment. Correct me if I am wrong but  the wood inside an LS is actual wood and not wood effect like lots of other so called prestige manufacturers which would make it expensive for a 3rd party to make...

Original wood in excellent order, looking to add door cappings and fascia etc.  Just received rply from an American firm who 'may' be able to help.

I have searched for such a kit myself. Found them for pretty much every car except the Lexus LS400.

I much prefer the LS400 body shape but I love the interior of the LS430. particularly the wood.

On 3/4/2016 at 7:49 PM, Bluesman said:

What about someone breaking one on Ebay, there are several at the moment. Correct me if I am wrong but  the wood inside an LS is actual wood and not wood effect like lots of other so called prestige manufacturers which would make it expensive for a 3rd party to make...

Original wood in excellent ordr, looking to add door cappings and fascia etc.  Just received rply from an American firm who 'may' be able to help.

I've been negotiating a shipping price for a RHD kit since last week.  Kit price $69.99.

He agreed $35 instead of $61.19 for shipping which I said was excessive, but so far his attempt to lower the Shipping price has just changed it to $57.00.  I've suggested that he change item the price downward so we agree at $104.99 in all.  We'll see!

• Like 1

That is good news, my contact just replied that they do not do LS400 kits.  So if your comes and fits the bill, please let me know the details so i can source one myself.

Cheers

I've agreed to the Shipping price of $57 as he can't do it for $35. He must have thought I was domestic. Anyway, I've ordered a kit with the style "Medium Burr" as I think its the nearest to the existing.

A bit of fun embellishment. Wouldn't have bothered if I'd had a dark grey Dashboard as I don't think it makes much difference but against the Cream, it should look nice.

Will let all know what it looks like when arrived. Doubt I'll install it until less moisture in the air so don't wait for a picy.

postcript

I just had a look and it may be I got the only one available for my year car. Here is the link but I haven't seen in his "other items" an LS400.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lexus-LS-400-RHD-90-91-92-93-94-dashboard-trim-kit-wood-aluminum-carbon-fiber-/281892393058?hash=item41a2189062:g:geUAAOSwt6ZWV-Tm&vxp=mtr

I'll certainly take a photo of the Kit spread out and let you know my verdict.  I'm not planning on fitting it until Summer weather as from what I've read you need to heat up the glue (hair dryer) after prepping the surfaces with isopropyl or something similar (which is provided) to get max adhesion.Too much moisture in air at this time of the year.

Noted that same seller has another kit for sale - FOR EARLY MODELS.

Not yet received my kit but will comment when seen, as to quality etc.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lexus-LS-400-RHD-90-91-92-93-94-dashboard-trim-kit-wood-aluminum-carbon-fiber-/281960353917?hash=item41a625907d:g:geUAAOSwt6ZWV-Tm

• 3 months later...

Solved problem of finding wood kit by, A returning the Ls400 and B purchasing a Ls430 with simply EVERYTHING.  What a great car, heated and cooled deats,cool box, enough wood to build a boat, air supension etc etc.  Its top of range with premium pack.

IMG_0449.JPG

IMG_0447.JPG

IMG_0452.JPG

• Like 1

Thanks pal.been a long time searching but worth the wait.  Taking it to Germany in October ( if Merkel still lets us in? ).

Bought th plate myself as felt such a car deserved it.

Edited by Caractacus
additional info
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Thank you friends or the many comments, especially DJDON, as you may know by now I am the proud owner of a Ls430 ( see my photo's ) with " enough wood to build a canoe".  Still got the Ls400 and keeping it, a;though the boot is now full of water!!!!!

I cannot find any obvious reason for the leak and have stripped the boot lid to try to adjust  but cannot find how to do this.  Anyone had this problem and any clues as to what i could do.  I am going to re-glue the boot seal rubbers to the metal and then coat them with Vaseline, then leave out in rain to see effect.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Woopee Deee   Found a chap who does wood kits  and bless him he searched his archives and as found the templates for a Lexus Ls400.  Negotiating colour and fittings, but uite excited after 12 months searching/  Will put result on if all goes well.

• Like 1