Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

As promised some photos of the latest acquisition. It's only an average phone camera, and naturally it started raining!  Although the parking sensors were fitted from new the colour is naf so I'm having them painted next week.  This morning it had two new Goodyear tyres.

011.jpg

012.jpg

013.jpg

015.jpg

016.jpg

017.jpg

018.jpg

019.jpg

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, Spacewagon52 said:

That looks fantastic! I love the grey interior. You must be over the moon Phil?

To be honest it hasn't really sunk in just how lucky I've been to find one this good, not just the condition but also the impeccable history.  The only thing I have to do next week is have the three rubber mounts replaced on the suspension pump.  it works fine but I can hear that it's slightly loose.  Fortunately only a small job with the parts costing less than £10.  Interestingly it must be a common problem as I got Blueprint ones from eBay.  Apart from that I'm chuffed to bits with it, even the windows show no signs at all of delamination, maybe its due to being garaged all these years?  Obviously the speakers on the allegedly wonderful Mark Levinson system need repairing, but that's to be expected on a 15 year old car, and a job for the warmer weather.   I like the way the previous owner has even put a rubber mat down on the drivers side to protect the original carpet!   

10 hours ago, Hawk01 said:

Very nice. Almost same colour as mine. 4391a77b4b6675a228b9472302e70d7d.jpg

That looks lovely, the wheels really look good!  I tried some 5 spoke on my last LS400 but they were just a bit too open, the 6 spoke really work.

Although that doesn't look like the best weather for driving a big rear wheel drive car!