Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

You need to know what you are getting into. Obviously Merc will be superior and therefore more expensive to keep. You can sell a kidney to get a merc fixed or earn more to keep one. Else, get a jap banger.

Toffee you are experienced to know all this but I wouldn't buy anything I cannot afford to keep on cash. Yes, you got cheated but most brits need to accept this now, each time they buy a car from a trade and they part exchange, they get ripped off. And I have witnessed countless times now. And I feel sorry for people who say "when i saw the car I fell in love with it or I know this is the one". 

Each time I buy a car I account for worst case, if its a lemon how to make lemonade out of it. Having said that, do not let them thiefs get away. Good job on getting your money back. Most people don't have the knowledge or guts to do what you pulled off.

Having an arsenal of diag kit is well and good but if you are giving misleading MOTs and bad health checks from independent garages its not good.

*Thank god i am not in Poland.. :ohmy:

My last merc e320cdi advangade was sold back in 2008 with 120ish on clock,  just curious check mot history was showing 77k in 2010 @ no history after that obviously it's somewhere in Poland, it was sold to eastern European guy who was gonna take it back to Poland.

Thats terrible Eric this forum is good, and briskoda forum is a brilliant forum as well. Very nice informative people who know there stuff.

Their atitude is strange to say the least. Big cars equals big bills i agree to an extent. But if they are fully serviced before you recieve them, you expect

them further down the line. 

All my cars had genuine high miles as used to do 30-35k per yr, oil changes every 5k from Mercedes-Benz or independent guy and always used Mobil 1 which was about £80.as it was 3.2 v6 just was a bit shocked of my ex merc being clocked lool sorry forgot to mention he ran it upto 136k before he clocked it 

Mb owners are stuck up.  I found serious issues with the car which were not disclosed to me at pos.

I love lexus. I took a punt on a 500bph car and it never worked out. I'll move on...to another Japanese car

Can anyone clock new cars? Can anyone clock Is250?

Can anyone clock Mercedes 2013 and upwards? I am eager to know how anyone can tamper ecu now that they are digital and there are no needles.

Your not talking about car giant, I met this guy who had a friend who was doing it for them and yes is250 can b clocked,when I was looking  buy is250, good motors up north had is250 with 50k, when done mot history it showed 67k, even called them thought might b a mistake on advert but did have 50k on clock.fraudsters are 1 step of manufactures 

Better save then sorry after that I decided not buy car from them either plus they do try to sell u warranty when car has manufacturer warranty. Can u trust any small time dealers???? 

9 hours ago, Cracksta said:

So Toffee is back? lol

Not all forums are made equally :D

Yep. More déjà vu than au revoir I fear.

• 2 weeks later...
On 30 April 2016 at 0:14 AM, toffee_pie said:

Mb owners are stuck up.  I found serious issues with the car which were not disclosed to me at pos.

I love lexus. I took a punt on a 500bph car and it never worked out. I'll move on...to another Japanese car

It's good to know you've sorted it all out. Just get another Lexus. When I crashed my IS300 last month, I didn't even consider looking into other makes. It's good to have a car that you like and serves its purpose without too much headaches. I love Lexus as well (ricer as others say) and oh, used ones won't have as much rusts as used Mercs do. LOL.

13 hours ago, w77 said:

It's good to know you've sorted it all out. Just get another Lexus. When I crashed my IS300 last month, I didn't even consider looking into other makes. It's good to have a car that you like and serves its purpose without too much headaches. I love Lexus as well (ricer as others say) and oh, used ones won't have as much rusts as used Mercs do. LOL.

Ive got another Japanese car, not a Lexus is250, but it has all wheel drive and ca 245bhp.

Legacy 3.0 R SpecB.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links