Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

When I was putting the locking wheel nut back in its place in the boot, on the left hand side, I noticed next to it a black oblong metal plate held in place by a velcro strap. Curious, I took it out and found that it folded together to make a wheel chock for use when you have to jack up the car and stop any unwanted rolling from either the front or back wheels. Wow! It's taken me 4 years to find that! Seems like those Lexus designers thought of everything.

I've often wondered if the Plastic Right angle /curved shape block in line with the rear of the boot and the boot well was designed to be used as a Choc in the event you needed to jack the car up? It does pull out.

May not be particularly strong,  but plastic ones are for sale.

Stuart, those blocks you are referring to are made of polystyrene and are there to house the jack handle, locking nut and the metal chock (that I didn't realise was there until today). It  acts primarily as the 'well' for the spare tyre. Given the weight of the car, Polystyrene wouldn't last 5 minutes as a chock for the wheels I'm pretty sure of that.

Ha ha ha!  No Brian, even I wouldn't suggest a polystyrene choc.  The part I am referring to is outside the wheel well and is made of plastic abutting the rear panel of the car. It matches the height of the wheel in the Well so that the Floor lays flat.
Maybe it was only on earlier cars. Sorry I don't have a picture.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This is the part I was referring to Brian - where Lexus may have missed a trick in not with slight alteration making it robust and useful as a choc.  There are of course two in the boot.

But then, they don't exactly want to point out to buyers you may need to get your hands dirty to change wheel, I suppose.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1994-LEXUS-LS400-PLASTIC-COVER-FOR-INSIDE-SPARE-WHEEL-WELL-/131388524427?hash=item1e975dc78b:g:zTgAAOSwwTlUnZzZ

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links