Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Cross bars for panoramic roof

Has anyone managed to find crossbars for the panoramic roof , please ? Thule or otherwise . I see from the options list that if you order the panoramic roof then the roof rails are removed . Thule do offer cross bars for an nx without rails but has anyone with a panoramic roof tried them?

cheers. 

You cant fit roof bars to the panoramic roof as its just one piece of glass, there's no roof bar holes.

You can only fit the roof bars to cars with roof rails, including the ones with the normal sunroof (just dont open it whilst the roof rails are there as the sunroof opens outwards)

• 1 year later...

Hi,

Just bought a NX300h F-Sport after a long Lexus-break. We had a RX400h for a period. The main reason for buying the car was that it is a hybrid. But that is besides the point. Our "new" car (it is a 2015) has a pano-roof. Nice, but I did not even think about it not being able to fit crossbars to it. So my question, given the answer above, is - how do you bring skis, bicycles asf?? (No, I dont have a towbar :( )

Thanks!

3 hours ago, PeteNorway said:

Hi,

Just bought a NX300h F-Sport after a long Lexus-break. We had a RX400h for a period. The main reason for buying the car was that it is a hybrid. But that is besides the point. Our "new" car (it is a 2015) has a pano-roof. Nice, but I did not even think about it not being able to fit crossbars to it. So my question, given the answer above, is - how do you bring skis, bicycles asf?? (No, I dont have a towbar :( )

Thanks!

Dont think you can on the NX with pan roof. It has no roof rails to attach to or even holes for them

You'd need a rear bicycle holder 

I just swapped from an RX400h to an NX300h with pan roof... then remembered that I used to hold onto the RX's roof bars while washing the roof up a step ladder on my steep drive. I guess I'll be falling off ladders now. Anyway you used to be able to get generic roof bars that clamped into the top of the doorways. No idea if you'd find any that would fit an NX though.

• 3 years later...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I don't think it's a case of not being able to fit them, the problem is Lexus say don't do it, I think because there's a possibility for the glass to crack and then you're talking £££.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
4 hours ago, Asi_2k said:

Hi All. The Thule 1768 adaptor works with the Lexus nx with a panoramic roof

I assume that you mean for the pre 2022 NX?

Thule do not currently supply Cross Bars for the 2022 NX.

• Like 1

On 4/28/2021 at 6:57 PM, as13 said:

I have purchased a couple of these inflatable roofracks to transport my paddleboard the 8 miles from home to the area I use. They work and are easy to use and fit but there are a couple of things to think about. One of each pair that I've had leaks air slowly; not a problem for my short distance but I wouldn't trust them for a long run. I think it's the design of the valve that leaks rather than a puncture. Mine were around £25 (each pair) so the quality is reflected in the low price. Better models are available for more money.

They don't take much weight but as they would be resting on the glass roof, you wouldn't want to carry anything that wasn't light anyway. There would be a risk so I am not advocating inflatable roofracks in this application but I hope my experience might provide more information to help you decide what might work in your particular situation.

Yes the pre 2022 model with panoramic roof and no side bars. The thule 1768 adaptors works with the thule 745 feet. I put 4 bikes on with no issues. The 1768 adaptors do seem difficult to find though. I was lucky enough to get it from eBay but had to pay full price for a 2nd hand item though ☹️

• 1 year later...
On 3/13/2016 at 4:39 PM, jamesinchamonix said:

Has anyone managed to find crossbars for the panoramic roof , please ? Thule or otherwise . I see from the options list that if you order the panoramic roof then the roof rails are removed . Thule do offer cross bars for an nx without rails but has anyone with a panoramic roof tried them?

cheers. 

You have quite a few options for the NX with panoramic, this website has it all. 

1. https://www.roofracks.co.uk/thule-evo-squarebar/k/1547?s=Lexus NX Series, 5 door SUV without flush rails 2015 to 2021

2. https://www.roofracks.co.uk/thule-evo-wingbar/k/1548?s=Lexus NX Series, 5 door SUV without flush rails 2015 to 2021

3. https://www.roofracks.co.uk/thule-evo-probar/k/1550?o=C&s=Lexus NX Series%2C 5 door SUV without flush rails 2015 to 2021

4. https://www.roofracks.co.uk/thule-evo-slidebar/k/1549?s=Lexus NX Series, 5 door SUV without flush rails 2015 to 2021

All of them include the fitting kit 1768 and everything else you need.