Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

IS250 F-Sport Build Thread

dougie175

2 minutes ago, Eame64 said:

I need a week to recover from one night out these days,i would need a month to recover from a stag doo.

Yeah I'm not too sure how my body is going to take this one, getting the train to Liverpool as soon as I finish work tonight and returning Sunday evening no doubt much worse for wear!

On ‎30‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 9:29 AM, dougie175 said:

This is just a test post to see if I can embed photos from onedrive instead:

5970cb9916027_After4.jpg.23f5fc050048d4e580750f2415d81cfa.jpg

Well it works!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rayaans said:

Well it works!

It does, however I cant fix the whole topic until Admin do something to allow me to edit all the old posts! Not sure how they can do that and if they will but once they do I have a 4 hour plan to make it all as it was minus photobucket!

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, dougie175 said:

It does, however I cant fix the whole topic until Admin do something to allow me to edit all the old posts! Not sure how they can do that and if they will but once they do I have a 4 hour plan to make it all as it was minus photobucket!

Can't you just edit them one by one?

22 minutes ago, rayaans said:

Can't you just edit them one by one?

Yes if I had the rights to do that but after an hour or so posts can no longer be edited on this forum

1 minute ago, dougie175 said:

Yes if I had the rights to do that but after an hour or so posts can no longer be edited on this forum

Hmm yep, get in contact with one of the mods and admin.

Hated photobucket anyway - slowest image hosting website Ive ever come across.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rayaans said:

Hmm yep, get in contact with one of the mods and admin.

Hated photobucket anyway - slowest image hosting website Ive ever come across.

Yeah I contacted admin this morning to see if they could give me the rights. I wasn't a fan either but it was just habit, been posting on forums for nearly 20 years and just used them from the early days. I'm half tempted to host them on my media server at home but it is set to go to sleep when not used and this would mean having to keep it on 24/7.

Admin are currently unavailable to resolve the issue at the moment, but I will get it sorted as soon as I have a solution with some more progress to follow soon!

Photobucket used to be decent, but have been crap for years now. I would recommend switching to something like imgur. I made an account the other day after all this photobucket nonsense and I wished I had done it sooner. It's lightning fast, and there's a phone app etc.

1 minute ago, J Henderson said:

Photobucket used to be decent, but have been crap for years now. I would recommend switching to something like imgur. I made an account the other day after all this photobucket nonsense and I wished I had done it sooner. It's lightning fast, and there's a phone app etc.

Yeah I tried imgur the other day after all this and it does seem a good bet, my biggest worry is could they follow the same trend as PB on this? Hence why I was thinking of using onedrive as much as I know Microsoft would like to make every penny they can I cant imagine them needing to go quite as extreme as wanting $399.99 just to keep the right to embed an image on their cloud server! Think the worst onedrive may do is reduce the space to a minimum but I don't use it for anything else so hosting a few hundred forum pictures should never be a problem

or use ms one drive as you have done, or samsung cloud, google drive, synology NAS account... many options but ones where you actually own the cloud space, not some third party.

Been using IMGUR since I got fed up with photobucket -its awesome, really rate it.

On a side note, applied some Fusso to son's car on top of AG SRP

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rayaans said:

Been using IMGUR since I got fed up with photobucket -its awesome, really rate it.

On a side note, applied some Fusso to son's car on top of AG SRP

I can use IMGUR from this point forward the only issue with using them for sorting out this topic is, as you upload an image it changes the filename as to what it uploads so it is not as easy to search for the file name to find the new location.

Loving the fusso video, I really need to get my car washed and get 1 of mine, next time I was it may give it another quick go over with fusso, every little helps!

Got a spare hour this evening so gave the car a nice wash and quick re-wax with some more fusso, was nice and easy to wash, the dirt was just sat on the fusso not stuck to it!
Even got chance to do a nice video of the beading on the bonnet

• Like 2

Yeah, snow foam struggles to cling to it as well. :smile:

I've noticed that with my top layer now being Dodo Juice wax, instead of Fusso. The beads are huge and really spherical. They literally take hours to dry off after it's been raining.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, J Henderson said:

Yeah, snow foam struggles to cling to it as well. :smile:

I've noticed that with my top layer now being Dodo Juice wax, instead of Fusso. The beads are huge and really spherical. They literally take hours to dry off after it's been raining.

Do you prefer the Dodo Juice wax over the fusso?

@dougie175 Yes and no. The paintwork isn't as slick, smooth and water-repellent, but it does have a considerably deeper shine (which is welcome on a silver car), plus I found it easier and more enjoyable to apply (nice coconut smell).

Dirty.thumb.jpg.db1a63f2887ea51be2889d734f0ea930.jpg

Not a great example as this is a before pic I took whilst I was setting-up and the car is dirty (last washed 9 days ago). I've been driving the car around during those 9 days too but you can probably still see some of the inherent shine of the DJ wax.

I could only dodge the rain long enough to give my car a quick snow-foam and rinse before it started raining again, so no after pic. The next time it's properly clean I'll try and capture what it looks like. :thumbsup:

• Like 3

1 minute ago, J Henderson said:

@dougie175 Yes and no. The paintwork isn't as slick, smooth and water-repellent, but it does have a considerably deeper shine (which is welcome on a silver car), plus I found it easier and more enjoyable to apply (nice coconut smell).

Dirty.thumb.jpg.db1a63f2887ea51be2889d734f0ea930.jpg

Not a great example as this is a before pic I took whilst I was setting-up and the car is dirty (last washed 9 days ago). I've been driving the car around during those 9 days too but you can probably still see some of the inherent shine of the DJ wax.

I could only dodge the rain long enough to give my car a quick snow-foam and rinse before it started raining again, so no after pic. The next time it's properly clean I'll try and capture what it looks like. :thumbsup:

Looks pretty damn clean to me mate!

Yeah can appreciate that you want the deepest shine possible with a silver car, had quite a few silver cars and loved the fact they always look clean and tidy but after a full day of detailing they always looked the same as if I had just given them a quick wash! I think the water repellent properties and slick smooth feel are better for my blue car.

Look forward to a nice clean pic of your car, its looking very nice I'm not usually a black wheels fan but like those on your car!

The sides didn't look too bad but the roof, bonnet etc were covered in water spots and bird poo!

Yeah the wheels are darker than what I would like, but they kinda look OK on my car since anything that isn't silver, is black, so they fit in quite well. Come refurb time, I'll be looking for something closer to the OEM dark gray colour.

Ok so a little bit of progress not a modification as such but a handy bit of kit, got the roof box installed, really easy to do took 2 of use about 10 minutes think we could boss it in under 5 now we have done it.

I know roof boxes are not exactly "cool" but I actually quite like it, its only on so I can move it from work my to my parents when I next go to see them as they have room to store it, need to get a holiday booked to actually make use of it now!

5970cbe3aad2b_2017-07-132017_56_00-1.thumb.jpg.f2a69f486394e0084e9e88de7dddc576.jpg

5970cbfcadd66_2017-07-132017_56_13-1.thumb.jpg.e0539e70f4c581c5f3f584d905de27cf.jpg

• Like 1

That looks like a pretty big box, how many litres capacity is it?

I'm tempted to get one but may go narrower so that I can get my bike alongside.

25 minutes ago, Farqui said:

That looks like a pretty big box, how many litres capacity is it?

I'm tempted to get one but may go narrower so that I can get my bike alongside.

Its 400 litres mate and an absolute bargain on eBay!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Thule-Touring-M-200-Silver-Grey-Aeroskin-400-Litre-Roof-Cargo-Luggage-Box-BNIB/222005643549?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

You would get a bike next to this... just I think!

The best thing about this box is it opens from both sides and the connectors take 3 seconds from inside the box its a superb design, I would highly recommend it, narrow ones are cheaper however the space is much more limited because you cant get a suitcase in sideways with a 3/4 width one, depends what you want to put in it! I did a lot of research became a bit of a roofbox geek for a couple of weeks!

• Like 1

Ooh, yeah that's a big'un.

Thanks for the link, quick fitting is handy. As is a double opener.

Haha, 'roofbox geek'. But you've gotta do the research right.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links