Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

IS250 F-Sport Build Thread

dougie175

48 minutes ago, Mbay said:

Well how much can you get it for? Be honest lol

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

As ECP actually do K&N I can get one with trade discount £175+ VAT didn't know they did until yesterday when I noticed they sell K&N stuff on eBay.

I'm still tempted to pay the extra and go for the AEM as they seem to get great reviews

1 hour ago, Cracksta said:

Dougie, reading your posts seems like I wrote it myself! I'm in the same situation as you. Will be keenly following this

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Any decisions I make I will happily give you any feedback I can mate

• Like 1

Just my own opinion and findings, there's no point chasing power on the is250, it's an awesome car for what it is but lacks the noise from the v6.

The route I was going to go was k&n typhoon first then maybe a custom exhaust. The exhaust put me off because in the past on other cars, the tick over at 6am is too loud and the motorway drone is tiresome. I think a valve system would be a good idea, open valve for the weekend drives and close the valve for quiet comfort drives. I rarely drive that early anymore but I have a 2 month old boy in the back so nothing overly loud.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Cracksta said:

Just my own opinion and findings, there's no point chasing power on the is250, it's an awesome car for what it is but lacks the noise from the v6.

The route I was going to go was k&n typhoon first then maybe a custom exhaust. The exhaust put me off because in the past on other cars, the tick over at 6am is too loud and the motorway drone is tiresome. I think a valve system would be a good idea, open valve for the weekend drives and close the valve for quiet comfort drives. I rarely drive that early anymore but I have a 2 month old boy in the back so nothing overly loud.

Yep sounds like you are looking to achieve the same thing as myself. 

Yeah seems a super charger is the only option for power but it's fairly untested and I can't justify the costs involved. 

Yeah I think induction noise is the key for the ability to have noise when required but also quiet comfort for day to day driving. If a valve exhaust system even exists for the is it will be ridiculously expensive again. I too have been put off by previous exhaust systems. Great for the first few weeks but tiresome and regret installing after a while. 

I don't want to regret any purchase on the is. I will get an induction kit sorted very soon and report to you. Cheers

12 minutes ago, ahmedali44 said:

Welcome @ I absolutely luvvvvv the colour, only seen few in ultra bluu for sale 

Thanks I love the colour too, it was the main thing that made me purchase this one over the others available.

I loved this car that much I travelled down to Poole in Dorset from Kendal in Cumbria to purchase it! That's a good 7 hours on the train before driving home!

As the mods have moved this topic anyway may as well use it as a build thread so will put any future updates I do to the vehicle in here

Last night I purchased one of these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/361428380435?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Decided it compliments the rear end of the IS very well, I will be smoothing it into the bumper before painting, I am very OCD about having things perfect when it comes to bodywork due to my time in the trade so couldn't live with just sticking it on as I just cant imagine a Chinese after market part will fit perfectly.

Will upload pictures of the progress as I get the diffuser and adapt it to fit, then smooth it into the bumper and repaint

Hi Mate, car look great, always liked the Ultra blue.

I got the F-sport induction kit off ebay from a dealer in the states, about £260, they getting rid of the parts, checked the price here, it was over 600. I fitted it, pretty easy, just new filter and filter box bottom with a big hole in it and the steel pipe to cool the air. It looks cool under the cover, and the noise over 3k is definitely grin inducing. Not sure there is any power increase, altho it did seem to pickup a little smoother. Got the Alloy pedals and gear knob at the same time. Beware the US foot rest doesn't fit, typically £100 here tho.

Good luck, enjoy the car.

Sent from my E6883 using Tapatalk

Thanks nice advice, the F-Sport induction looks great and will be nice and OEM

I seem to have alloy pedals anyway being an F Sport from factory, any chance you could send a picture of your pedals and gear knob?

Thanks and yeah loving my car

10aacc5a5631c277b22edc05884236f7.jpg

7ec0846596588348ab85152e81114aeb.jpg

Sent from my E6883 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I'm a bit late on this thread, but congrats on your IS. That colour is absolutely stunning and being in the line of work you're in, that paint is probably going to get the best possible care!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HoodRich said:

I'm a bit late on this thread, but congrats on your IS. That colour is absolutely stunning and being in the line of work you're in, that paint is probably going to get the best possible care!

Thank You, appreciate the kind comment. Yeah I was very lucky when I got to this car to purchase it, it was as immaculate as I had hoped, there was 3 small parking dints which I have since had PDR removed and they are now not visible even to me knowing where they were so yeah the bodywork is very nice.

Means I have a perfect base to work with and keep immaculate throughout my ownership

• Like 1

On 17/03/2016 at 0:22 PM, dougie175 said:

Gear knob looks well mate, Im guessing the pedals will just be the same as I currently have

Yeah, sorry, the pedals are the same. The gearknob is cool, not as cold in the mornings as well.  I would love a super charger but my budget doesn't stretch that far, induction kit is the best I can do, until the chip is hacked.

Here's the induction kit, http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/191467410439?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT check the sellers other parts as well.

Nice rear end you got, I been thinking about that, I bought the spoiler, similar to this, not carbon fibre tho: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Carbon-Fiber-Trunk-Spoiler-Boot-Wing-Lip-W-Type-Fits-For-Lexus-IS250-IS300-IS350-/261930724350?hash=item3cfc49abfe:g:7iUAAOSwzrxUxycZ 

Also got a front spoiler,  similar to this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/11-12-13-Lexus-IS250-IS350-WD-Style-Front-Bumper-Lip-Spoiler-Poly-Urethane-/281439121625?hash=item41871430d9:g:7j0AAOSw9N1Vps4c 

I have yet to find somewhere to spray and fit them, everywhere I been too seem to only want to do insurance jobs :(

3 hours ago, JamesG said:

Yeah, sorry, the pedals are the same. The gearknob is cool, not as cold in the mornings as well.  I would love a super charger but my budget doesn't stretch that far, induction kit is the best I can do, until the chip is hacked.

Here's the induction kit, http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/191467410439?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT check the sellers other parts as well.

Nice rear end you got, I been thinking about that, I bought the spoiler, similar to this, not carbon fibre tho: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Carbon-Fiber-Trunk-Spoiler-Boot-Wing-Lip-W-Type-Fits-For-Lexus-IS250-IS300-IS350-/261930724350?hash=item3cfc49abfe:g:7iUAAOSwzrxUxycZ 

Also got a front spoiler,  similar to this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/11-12-13-Lexus-IS250-IS350-WD-Style-Front-Bumper-Lip-Spoiler-Poly-Urethane-/281439121625?hash=item41871430d9:g:7j0AAOSw9N1Vps4c 

I have yet to find somewhere to spray and fit them, everywhere I been too seem to only want to do insurance jobs :(

Yeah super charger is going to work out way over budget for myself so just going to live with the power and let the car make more noise about it. If the ECU hasn't been cracked yet I cant imagine it will do there cant me much demand on tuners to crack it now I wouldn't have thought.

Yeah looking forward to the rear splitter arriving its on Los Angeles somewhere currently!

Yeah I'm not 100% on those rear spoilers on some cars they seem to work really well and then others look strange I cant put my figure on what makes them work and what doesn't!

Front splitter looks good, little more aggressive than the F Sport corner bits my car came with but still subtle I like it!

This eBay seller in America has some interesting parts also the Remote engine start would be very nice but I have sat-nav so doesn't sound like it works with that :-(

Very nice mate, i have been looking at getting back into a Lexus i had a IS200 before, i have been looking at the GS300 and GS450H as i like having a bit more space in my cars these days.  But I recently found a few IS250 F sport with reasonable mileage, at a decent price and i am very tempted.  Seeing how nice yours is i am even more tempted.

3 hours ago, inflames said:

Very nice mate, i have been looking at getting back into a Lexus i had a IS200 before, i have been looking at the GS300 and GS450H as i like having a bit more space in my cars these days.  But I recently found a few IS250 F sport with reasonable mileage, at a decent price and i am very tempted.  Seeing how nice yours is i am even more tempted.

I honestly haven't got a bad word to say about the car mate you wont be disappointed, for me its quite a big car, but if you are after something BIG then maybe it will be a bit small, only you can decide that though.

Well today I decided to complete the F-Sport intake mod.

As most of you are well aware the F-Sport intake is a modified lower airbox and new intake pipe, I am looking to replace my intake with a sound creator intake anyway picture here:

20121018_1bbd06.jpg

So seemed a bit daft to shell out £600+ from Lexus UK for an F-Sport intake or import one from the US for £300 with delivery and taxes, so instead I cut a hole in mine and removed all the air fins to replicate the F-Sport lower airbox

I am far from the first person to do this but still thought some may be interested to see the work.

Stock lower airbox removed and fins present:

597083e3ce29e_2016-03-2010_16_47.jpg.662a2a45b8d18e1f915de130103c7c8f.jpg

597083f5545ac_2016-03-2010_16_52.jpg.bc85da2fe78db968feaea589635c0787.jpg

Hole cut and fins removed half way though:

5970840bcad2f_2016-03-2011_11_25.jpg.b30a917e99b14164c57b59fc730dd4f0.jpg

5970841b7c112_2016-03-2011_11_28.jpg.0ae346dfe162328e18d30a2a1318f4dc.jpg

Easy enough job to do if you have access to any of these sort of tools:

5970843463e7c_2016-03-2011_13_10.jpg.514214760d7ce71fa5dc11aaac9c18dc.jpg

Pile of airbox innards, took about an hour of smoothing to make this mess!

597084457d6ec_2016-03-2011_18_24.jpg.83d2530bdd751896270c05067d74da14.jpg

Airbox re-dressed and ready to go:

5970845572ba4_2016-03-2011_21_33.jpg.84f82bd4d8c137e8495ef4963cba7722.jpg

59708463a035e_2016-03-2011_21_38.jpg.55223b8638b385bd80bc30d7bd7cb65c.jpg

Was it worth it? Yes! Really happy I never expected any performance gains and highly doubt there will be any tis was purely done for the increase intake volume. I could have just cut the hole and left the fins, but as I had the time tools and Lexus obviously decided on the F-Sport intake it was better to remove them so did I.

The intake noise is nice and subtle, I think with the added sound creator once I get my hands on 1 in the next week or 2 I will have achieved as much as I want from the intake volume then, should give a very nice sounds when revving the engine but still keep a stock whisper quiet system when commuting and driving day to day, the best of both worlds

• Like 1

Another quick update for anyone who may be interested in progress.

Bought myself a wedding anniversary present today in the form of a new set of wheels! 

2471-10134-m.jpg

They have to be custom drilled for 5x114.3 but should be here in 2 weeks or so... cant wait!

Also stuck some new rear brake pads in this evening and un-seized one of the sliders, so the rear brakes are now working beautifully again!

5970848185e0d_2016-03-2218_01_25.jpg.85d0c1f90cbe238dcbe5d5aef0c11207.jpg

The new electronic exhaust valve also arrived yesterday so will be looking at trying to get that in over the weekend, I need help with that though as my welding is nothing special, however once welded in I can soon sort the wiring and rest of the installation.

• Like 1

Another quick update, I actually installed this a couple of weeks ago however the new mini windscreen bracket only arrived today so didn't upload pictures until today.

Picked up a Nextbase 402g on eBay brand new for a bargain on a wrongly listed item, so decided to install it, can highly recommend this until if you are thinking about getting a dash cam it does a superb job in any light and the image quality is superb.

I have wired the Mini USB power supply straight from the power in the mirror and the control module is hidden up in the roof lining, this is really simple to do and saves have wires trailing all round the vehicle and using one of the 12v sockets.

This picture shows the power cable coming through from the roof lining

597084a21edd4_2016-03-1617_10_26.jpg.285d98eba93921ee6b111ca61c860434.jpg

This is where the dashcam was siting with the original mounting, it sat a bit low for my liking and I found it slightly distracting when driving, you can however set it to go off, but I still wanted to get it out my way so I still had full visibility of the road

597084b17c46e_2016-03-1617_10_09.jpg.b0a950ad0f88c73c32f229aabf109337.jpg

So I bought one of these little bad boys from amazon, didn't realise it was coming from China, so 2 weeks later it turned up, fits perfect and makes the whole setup much much neater!

59708670d2557_2016-03-2318_47_55.jpg.c255f919a893656f90f89f720e2fb451.jpg

Now when driving everything is hidden behind the rear view mirror and I full visibility of the road as if the dash cam wasn't even there, quietly sits recording everything without any need for me to touch it and does everything I wanted

5970867dd5113_2016-03-2318_48_16.jpg.ccb637ee63129613841be782c4e727d7.jpg

• Like 1

Thought I would also upload a quick video of my auto folding mirrors which I imported the po-40 module from a company in Australia, I know on some IS250's this option actually comes as standard however it doesn't seem to be many and isn't on the F-Sport for some reason.

Due to the size of the mirrors the first week I had the car I found people kept knocking the mirrors when it was parked up and I thought its only a matter of time before someone forces them banging them and ruins them so found this module to fix the issue. Never have to worry about it again, works a treat

th_20160323_184729.mp4

My IS250C has the auto-fold mirrors.

However, I disabled the function a couple of months ago as when there was a morning frost, the mirrors were stuck solid in the folded in position.  Didn't wish to forcibly fold them outwards for fear of damaging the mechanism.

In Cumbria, you'll probably have more frost than me.  Just so's you know. :smile:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links