Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

IS250 F-Sport Build Thread

dougie175

1 hour ago, lex28 said:

Very nice looking motor! Great styling and beaut colour...I remember seeing this on AT months ago and took a fancy to it..

everything you have done from wheels and spoiler look amazing. 

Well done 

Paresh 

Thanks very much, yeah got it for a great price from AT made a very nice deal with the owner on the asking price!

Cheers for taking a look and liking the work.

• Like 1

Just got myself a bit excited and bought a set of these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SPC-Front-Rear-Camber-Kit-Combo-Lexus-2006-13-IS-GS-2x-67520-2x-67530-LR-FR-/291779205531?

Haven't done the 4 wheel alignment yet, but will get these fitted set the final ride height and these should allow me to get everything back into factory spec so I don't destroy my tyres!

Couldn't really afford these, but also cant afford to ruin tyres so seemed daft not to buy them

Hehe, can't stop the tinkering bug, huh? :smile:

Seriously though, it is probably a good idea.  No doubt you will wear out inside treads of tyres otherwise, so put these under required expenditure :smile:

At least you are doing it right; saw a golf yesterday that was lowered to within an inch of its life (almost literally), and the tyres had so much negative camber that the car looked like it was being crushed!

8 minutes ago, Shahpor said:

Hehe, can't stop the tinkering bug, huh? :smile:

Seriously though, it is probably a good idea.  No doubt you will wear out inside treads of tyres otherwise, so put these under required expenditure :smile:

At least you are doing it right; saw a golf yesterday that was lowered to within an inch of its life (almost literally), and the tyres had so much negative camber that the car looked like it was being crushed!

lol no theres no stopping it mate, as soon as something goes into my watch list on eBay I may as well have clicked "Buy Now" its inevitable its only a matter of time before I buy it.

Yeah bit of modification justification made this purchase though, I don't want the alignment all over the place for the sake of going a bit lower, so over the next couple of weeks will be getting the ride height set, then look at installing these and setting the alignment perfect on the laser aligner and that's the suspension sorted

mind you, i commend the OP here as that Lexus indeed does look great, I would pretty much leave it at that. I never did buy another IS250 as I wanted more horses, putting on a CAI on the IS250 is really a no brainer though.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, toffee_pie said:

mind you, i commend the OP here as that Lexus indeed does look great, I would pretty much leave it at that. I never did buy another IS250 as I wanted more horses, putting on a CAI on the IS250 is really a no brainer though.

Yeah there is not much else planned on a bodywork front anything more would take it over the top I feel. Only thing that's planned is possibly front splitter and side splitter but I am still not 100% on this yet and they are out of stock so have time to decide.

As far as the cold air intake goes I have gone down the sound generator route, which gives the same results but looks more OEM

21 minutes ago, dougie175 said:

Yeah there is not much else planned on a bodywork front anything more would take it over the top I feel. Only thing that's planned is possibly front splitter and side splitter but I am still not 100% on this yet and they are out of stock so have time to decide.

As far as the cold air intake goes I have gone down the sound generator route, which gives the same results but looks more OEM

has anyone here actually installed a K&N Typhoon as I am astounded that no one seems to have one.

15 minutes ago, toffee_pie said:

has anyone here actually installed a K&N Typhoon as I am astounded that no one seems to have one.

I had one on order through ECP direct from K&N but it went on back order with no date. So went down this route instead, glad I did to be honest

not a fan of people putting on twin tail pipes on cars that dont have them or people who have diesel cars pretending they had petrols, not a fan of fake v6 sounds either even more crazy since you have a v6. The IS250 is so well insulated the engine is barely audible, the K&N Typhoon really wakes the car up above 4k rpm and makes a great noise whilst still being relatively tame around town.

Just now, toffee_pie said:

not a fan of people putting on twin tail pipes on cars that dont have them or people who have diesel cars pretending they had petrols, not a fan of fake v6 sounds either even more crazy since you have a v6. The IS250 is so well insulated the engine is barely audible, the K&N Typhoon really wakes the car up above 4k rpm and makes a great noise whilst still being relativcely tame around town.

I'm not sure you understand how a sound creator works? Its nothing like the BMW system

not played that video, will do tomorrow (doubt its as good as my boxer flat 6 though. :w00t:) , dont see the whole point of messing about with sound creator things myself, why not stick on an induction kit and get it done with.  Its my reasoning on this topic. 

The car looks very well anyway, sound creator or not.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, toffee_pie said:

not played that video, will do tomorrow (doubt its as good as my boxer flat 6 though. :w00t:) , dont see the whole point of messing about with sound creator things myself, why not stick on an induction kit and get it done with.  Its my reasoning on this topic. 

The car looks very well anyway, sound creator or not.

Thanks, yeah really happy with the aesthetics of the car now!

The reason I went with the sound creator over the induction kit was because the whole theme of this project was to create something that looks like it was made my Lexus but still stand out and be sporty, the sound creator gave the exact same benefits as the induction kit (noise) but looked more OEM

Also there is another benefit of the sound creator in that it is tweakable if you wanted it even louder (really don't think anyone would it really roars) but you could bring the pipe through the bulk head like Toyota do with the GT86 or if you wanted it quieter you could essentially put a tap on the end of the pipe to block some of the noise

As you are listening to the videos you may as well enjoy them all in different scenarios

https://www.youtube.com/embed/D2L5vjHfIqY - Exhaust closed Window closed setting off

https://www.youtube.com/embed/ar81jJGed1w - Exhaust open Window open setting off

https://www.youtube.com/embed/HktyZKkeETU - Exhaust open Window open setting off 2

https://www.youtube.com/embed/PhyuKdUmdtI - Exhaust closed Window closed accelerating

https://www.youtube.com/embed/I2N-XjNXBVU - Exhaust open window closed accelerating

1 minute ago, rayaans said:

Yep, link is fixed.

Sounds really good that - I thought you already had a CAI put on?

Thanks, no I have the F-Sport lower air box modification and a Genuine Lexus Sound Creator intake hose.

The 2 compliment each other very well and look stock, there's photos of these mods further back in the tread

On 5/26/2016 at 9:13 PM, dougie175 said:

Cumbria! Where about mate?

Took him about a week, he sent good updates throughout.

am from Carlisle bud and your cars looking great by the way

3 hours ago, jimcufc said:

am from Carlisle bud and your cars looking great by the way

Thanks mate, Carlisle is pretty close there's another IS200 owner in Morecambe I know from another forum, few more and we have enough for a Cumbria/Lancashire meet lol! 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Just a quick update as work is still on going on the car, just not had chance to do anything much.

Today was a day I was dreading but it is done and dusted, I have fitted the camber kit from the US!

Didn't take many photos just these of the front adjuster once pressed in place, the kit is fantastic quality and works superb, but its a long hard drawn out process installing it and tinkering to get it setup

5970a50bdfe8b_2016-06-2511_31_20.jpg.c6414878dbfcb98d704bcc8bd31e188b.jpg

5970a51a3d853_2016-06-2511_31_23.jpg.1330607e1429a840c2d927e86520ec1b.jpg

So after a full day of undoing and doing things up, putting the car up and down getting all the heights and camber right I am finally happy with the ride height and camber is back in alignment, but my body is killing lol!

All that is required now is to get the car on the 4 wheel aligner to make any final tweaks required to the camber and set the toe if lowering it has thrown that out also. Then I am done on the suspension and steering.

No exciting update I'm afraid, but glad to get it installed and running!

• 2 weeks later...

Little bit more progress on the car last 2 weeks, nothing exciting just its 6th service. The car has only done 43k but decided to go all out and do the spark plugs early anyway as they have been in 6 years.

Was dreading doing the plugs due to people on the internet claiming its a nightmare job, but to be honest it was really nice and easy, takes a little bit of time but its really not hard to actually do.

6 nice genuine plugs ready to go in

5970a53311dd8_2016-07-0909_58_00.jpg.e64d4afbd3ef63b3756cbb0e7212d646.jpg

Part Number for anyone who requires it

5970a53fe4349_2016-07-0909_58_12.jpg.b840538f38fde2ad6d92d4fef45f4214.jpg

Also replaced the intake manifold gasket seals, wasn't really necessary if I am totally honest as there was nothing wrong with the original but better safe than sorry and didn't want to get involved taking the intake of again if I did cause a leak

5970a54d7e6b1_2016-07-0909_58_04.jpg.65759f8873f239a5954e78f287f46dcb.jpg

Half way through the driver side of the plugs changed and the intake tube removed

5970a55bf22fd_2016-07-0909_58_16.jpg.a778c613b6c7f81b1f0c4b7218affeac.jpg

Intake manifold removed and plus getting changed

5970a569e0687_2016-07-0911_24_49.jpg.6f8fa4a14d409d14723ff9674286bf8f.jpg

Intake Manifold removed, bit of tissue stopping anything going inside the engine and area cleaned

5970a5786edf1_2016-07-0911_30_47.jpg.80c52797d1ff23b2656da5b62c6c1b80.jpg

New seals installed ready for everything to go back together

5970a5873621c_2016-07-0911_30_50.jpg.a6d48d4cd4b3509f224a14a38e7e85bb.jpg

So the car has now had its 6th service and plugs done, just need to change the break fluid at some point also. There was nothing wrong before so all of this did nothing but 1 of those jobs that's got to be done and well worth getting out the way

• Like 1

Well you do have the satisfaction of knowing it's been done properly. 

BTW, what was the condition of the plugs you took out?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bobmc said:

Well you do have the satisfaction of knowing it's been done properly. 

BTW, what was the condition of the plugs you took out?

Exactly!

Yeah they were all fine to be honest mate you can see 1 of the plugs in both picture 1 and 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links