Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

IS250 F-Sport Build Thread

dougie175

Look what just arrived :

5970b8f96d6de_2017-04-2712_09_17.jpg.e29e373e7e5a5e676b19dde026d2dc25.jpg

Looking at them they look a lot more OEM than I was expecting actually similar to some of the genuine LED tail lights from the lesser prestige brands we say day in day out at work

Ah, that feeling when car parts arrive eh :wink3:

So if they're looking pretty good, will you pop one on to try?  Would like to see a pic of OEM vs these.

• Like 1

When I fitted the aftermarket rear light clusters to my GS, it wasn't the quality that caused problems. I found the red parts were just a completely different type of red to the fog lights, so things just didn't look right. So I ended up changing the fogs too to get round that problem 😎

Sent from my Iphone using Lexus OC

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TigerFish said:

When I fitted the aftermarket rear light clusters to my GS, it wasn't the quality that caused problems. I found the red parts were just a completely different type of red to the fog lights, so things just didn't look right. So I ended up changing the fogs too to get round that problem 😎

Sent from my iPhone using Lexus OC

Thanks for the info is that the red of the lens itself or the red of the light emitted? I can see why on the GS it would look awful if it didn't match as they are next to each other.

The difference in colour emitted worries me I need to power them up and make sure it is the same colour as my current colours I could live with different colours reds

Thanks for the info is that the red of the lens itself or the red of the light emitted? I can see why on the GS it would look awful if it didn't match as they are next to each other.

The difference in colour emitted worries me I need to power them up and make sure it is the same colour as my current colours I could live with different colours reds

It was the actual colour of the plastics.

Will yours be on with sidelights?

6 minutes ago, TigerFish said:

It was the actual colour of the plastics.

Will yours be on with sidelights?

Yes they have 3 wires: 1 feed to run at low brightness as side lights and then another feed to run at full brightness as brake lights also

Yeah, the fogs I got were the same. I ended up not using them on sidelights, as the brightness didn't match. That could be over come by have a variable resister in the feed to set the brightness (similar to the dash light adjuster principle).

10 minutes ago, TigerFish said:

Yeah, the fogs I got were the same. I ended up not using them on sidelights, as the brightness didn't match. That could be over come by have a variable resister in the feed to set the brightness (similar to the dash light adjuster principle).

Before i bother doing anything need to put power to these and see if they look anything like the factory lights of not scrap the whole idea

Good to see you back, Robb.

My biggest issue with the LED reflectors would be their quality and durability, especially since they'll be located so close to the road. I don't think they look too bad per se as I've seen them on plenty of US cars but how often have we all seen cars running about with aftermarket lights that are filled with condensation and dim, flickering or blown bulbs? They're cheap enough to replace, but they might be more trouble than their worth if the bumper has to come off every few months.

As for the lip extensions, I'm not a fan. I reckon the front bumper could definitely benefit from some sort of splitter / spoliler setup but I don't like this particular example. I just don't think the car looks any better with it fitted.

The wheel though looks fab. Please keep us updated on how that turns out. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

I'm on my second set of LED reflectors, my advice is to smear a sealant in the groove that the two halves join at, or water will get in and damage the led's..... and make them look like equalisers.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, dougie175 said:

Im guessing when you saw them in person they didn't look up too much, should have them today or tomorrow, have a feeling they may not be going on.

They just dont suit a Lexus, like someone said make the rear end a bit too busy with all the lights. Its a no from me, your car looks fine without em.

2 hours ago, JamieG4454 said:

I'm on my second set of led reflectors, my advice is to smear a sealant in the groove that the two halves join at, or water will get in and damage the led's..... and make them look like equalisers.

Good tip bit of clear sealer is no problem any chance of a few photos on yours? Thanks

4 hours ago, J Henderson said:

Good to see you back, Robb.

My biggest issue with the LED reflectors would be their quality and durability, especially since they'll be located so close to the road. I don't think they look too bad per se as I've seen them on plenty of US cars but how often have we all seen cars running about with aftermarket lights that are filled with condensation and dim, flickering or blown bulbs? They're cheap enough to replace, but they might be more trouble than their worth if the bumper has to come off every few months.

As for the lip extensions, I'm not a fan. I reckon the front bumper could definitely benefit from some sort of splitter / spoliler setup but I don't like this particular example. I just don't think the car looks any better with it fitted.

The wheel though looks fab. Please keep us updated on how that turns out. :thumbsup:

Nice to be back mate still not got much time but want to try keep plodding away on a few jobs.

Yeah the quality may be an issue but as mention if they are re-sealed should keep them water tight.

Will keep you updated as things move on

Tonights project is only a little one, I have had everything to do it for over 6 months but never seemed to find the time, installed my F Sport badges into my floor mats.

Please excuse how dirty the mats are they haven't been vacuumed for a couple of weeks and the camera mates them look a lot dirtier they they are for some reason, these photos show the badges installed, just need to finish chopping the excess thread off the back of the mat tomorrow at work and they are ready to go back in the car. Really happy with them think they look great and sit nice and flush too.

Drivers

5970b9239352b_2017-04-2720_30_04.jpg.0a580cb23bcc4e5f0ee3158ae7bbac84.jpg

Passengers:

5970b931b3ab2_2017-04-2720_30_14.jpg.5f41596c2c6b97fda8feaffd739da6c4.jpg

Flush fit

5970b93e95065_2017-04-2720_30_24.jpg.4c00c8012fb129642a8e01b891249814.jpg

Both

5970b94c5c58b_2017-04-2720_30_35.jpg.43b911ea9f58b5d075b9e27c712a4946.jpg

• Like 1

Just after a few other opinions on this one, what colour should I do my button surrounds on my new flat bottom steering wheel?

My options are:

Black matt plastic: (cheap and easy)

IS20black20leather.jpg.b42eb7a0e19c8f225e66c3a60711693c.jpg

Matt silver / aluminium paint and match the paddles: (still cheap but more work)

image.thumb.jpg.ddc5b901028ea54037cc7c95513dcde5.jpg

Carbon Fibre to match all my centre console and such obviously I wouldn't be getting the top and bottom done in carbon fibre just the button covers: (most expensive but very little work)

ISF_CF_wheel_1_1024x1024.jpg.c03c3dafddcf5ae4c5e7e2d4968ef85f.jpg

ISF_CF_wheel_2_1024x1024.jpg.a660326e7a414490ac7a6d26a223dfcd.jpg

On ‎27‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 9:14 PM, dougie175 said:

Good tip bit of clear sealer is no problem any chance of a few photos on yours? Thanks

I'll grab some pics tomorrow evening for you, I have black sealant around mine to make them look like proper sealed units, cant see the edges either so no worries on colour

• Like 1

Thanks I personally think they look very good actually how close is the match in colour of red between the reflectors and original leds tail lights?

Also do they still function well as just reflectors? Difficult to tell from the photos but last thing I would want is someone slamming into the rear of my car on an unlit street because my reflectors didn't work

Little bit more progress today spent a couple of hours prepping the bits of steering wheel and rear window switch trims ( I forgot them last time ) fir carbon dipping didn't bother taking any photos though as I'm sure no one is interested

Also managed to get the floor mats finished and give the interior a clean though, I'm really happy with the mats they look better than my original genuine mats now and much better quality

5970ba384bb3a_2017-04-2916_47_52.jpg.7eb271d3656bd85580da4899d93b69f6.jpg

5970ba4d14301_2017-04-2916_48_00.jpg.09188d611c56d8931f0f84e567247672.jpg5970ba5b599ba_2017-04-2916_48_55.jpg.62b7ebc6000ff253914cf5ecd62ea0ab.jpg

5970ba8464f79_2017-04-2916_49_03.jpg.fec861ba95f83ce59a10ca1eb9943ebc.jpg

• Like 1