Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Factory tint level?

It's the only pic I've got at the moment from my phone, I'll get a better one tomorrow.

What level tint did you go for in the end Rich?   I've got limo tint in my disco and I agree if I was to do it again I would go lighter. The IS300 is a dark interior too .

image.jpeg

• Like 1

One shade lighter than limo. Smoke would be fine on rear windscreen I think. Congratulations on your new IS,  looks very sporty in Azure blue?   Sweet.   Is the white one next it your wife's? 

Yes, the white f sport is the mrs's. 

Nope the windows aren't tinted on that either, you'd be forgiven for thinking they are because she never cleans the damn thing. 

I think that's a good idea to go a shade lighter on the rear window than the sides. Either way, looking at your photos it really does make it look nice.

• Like 1

On 16 March 2016 at 0:42 AM, DVM said:

Hi everyone! I want to tint my front windows slightly, but I'm unsure of what the factory tint level is. It's important, because the police rarely interfere unless less than 30% of light comes through. I'm pretty sure, that the IS has about 20/30% tint from factory. Am I wrong?

Standard tint from factory is 70% light transmission (min.)

On 03/09/2016 at 2:49 AM, tayaste said:

Yes, the white f sport is the mrs's. 

Nope the windows aren't tinted on that either, you'd be forgiven for thinking they are because she never cleans the damn thing. 

I think that's a good idea to go a shade lighter on the rear window than the sides. Either way, looking at your photos it really does make it look nice.

Sort of getting used to the blacked out rear now after a few days.  Am pretty pleased with the look and happy in the knowledge no one can see me through it too :)   oh and my kids have the privacy protection of course 

Going back to the debate on tinting.

If you wanted the really dark and illegal tints would a company do the illegal tinting for you?

And why do these companies stock the illegal tints in the first place?