Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Auto Headlights

stevebish

Do you use your Automatic Headlights?  

152 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use your Automatic Headlights?

• Yes
    • No

I don't know which models, other than the IS, have Automatic Headlights.

I don't use mine at all, never even tried them. It's just something that I prefer to be in control of myself. Maybe it's because they can so safety critical that I just don't trust that little sensor.

What do you think?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think they're brilliant. Use them 100%

The ONLY time I might flick on lights myself is in early morning conditions where it's getting light, but I think sidelights would be safer (so others can surely see me). And even then, it makes the indicator stalk feel weird!!

I think they're great....thumbs up!!!

Thanks guys!

Maybe I ought to give 'em a go!! :)

I think its because if the weather is anything but an almost perfect day, I'll use side lights. I assume the auto lights are off or on? Ie, no side lights?

Still, I'll give 'em a go tomorrow morning!

Think they're brilliant. Use them 100%

The ONLY time I might flick on lights myself is in early morning conditions where it's getting light, but I think sidelights would be safer (so others can surely see me). And even then, it makes the indicator stalk feel weird!!

I think they're great....thumbs up!!!

Yep - I'm with Tony.... on all the time usually, but will flick to sidelights late mornings/early evenings...

Great gadget....

i've voted yes as i do use them most of the time but they can be a little daft sometimes - like if you're stuck in traffic and you're in the shade then they come on, you pull away and off they go again once you've made it back to normal light. i often think peeps must wonder what im doing turning my lights on and off all the

way into manchester.

dont use it so much in the summer, i like to have sidelights on when its late but not that dark if ya get what i mean.

Nope, don't use them either. Going under bridges puts them on and you end up getting this look from drivers coming towards you like "what the .... are you flashing at"

Also, they appear to take ages to come on when going through tunnels.

Fargo Posted on Jan 15 2004, 05:34 PM

nope dont use em,, as they can turn themselves on when you dont expect them to.. like at a junction and the other person thinks your flashing them to go.

i like to be in control. 

I am with Fargo on this one. Used it when I first bought the car and stopped using it when they came on down a road with overhanging trees and someone thought I was flashing them and they pulled across in front of me.

Now I am in control.

:winky:

Don't understand how they can be confused with a flash which is very momentary.

I don't tend to use mine though. There's no point.

I agree, they never 'flash'. Even when you go into a tunnel they take a while to switch back off when you come out of the other end so I don't see how it can be mistaken for a flash.

I have an underground car park at work and just love the way they switch on when I drive into it. I leave mine on auto all the time. Its always annoyed me that the dealer switches them off when its been serviced as I forget I have to switch them on.

With previous cars I was always forgetting to switch my lights on (got stopped by the police once :ohmy: ) so I leave them on auto to keep me out of trouble.

During the spring/autumn they do come on for a few seconds when I go under a certain wide bridge over the M4. Traffic is usually dashing across from the junction there to lane 3 at 50mph straight in front of me so it's a sort of auto flash for "oi wot you doin get outta ma way". Not that I would otherwise. :innocent:

Don't understand how they can be confused with a flash which is very momentary.

I don't tend to use mine though. There's no point.

in that split second when you are in a hurry to get home and acros a junction say,, you see a cars lights go on, you may well think for a split second 'oh hes flashed me to go'

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links