Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

MPG test today. not bad.

My IS300h had done 1200 miles by this morning.

I drove to my brother's house in Dublin, 165m. It was foggy so I decided to take it easy. Stuck to 60mph. 90% of trip on motorway. 52mpg.

Came home and decided to push it. Same distance, 53.6 mpg. Doing 75mph on most of the motorway. That's our limit in Ireland.

Why this.

Well it was from 0C to 4C on way up, 10-13C on way back.
So, temperature does matter.

One thing that struck me as amazing. On the 10 miles or so from my brother's house where I'd been demonstrating the car to him, so it was warmed up, and I zeroed it there, it did 59mpg until I reached the motorway. This was in 30-40mph mostly free-flowing traffic.

I love this car. I'm used to the gearbox etc., and it's just brilliantly relaxing to drive.

I have the LS400 which does around 18-25 MPG but what does surprise me is that my new Mercedes Sprinter van only does around 30 MPG and this is driving carefully, I always thought these amazing frugal diesels did 50-60 MPG.

Well I've had three diesels. First was a Suzuki Grand Vitara 1999 Jeep. That did 27mph in town and 35 on a long run.

Second, Peugeot 406. That did 55mpg on a long run and 42-44 general.

Third, Honda Accord diesel. 37 pure town driving, 42 general and about 53 or 54 on a long run.