Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

F-Sport Intake and Intake Sound Creator Together

dougie175

I am trying to achieve a nice intake sound from my IS250, I have looked at lots of options but something I just found this evening is the option to fit the Lexus Sound Creator to the IS250!

Parts required which I can price out with Lexus on Monday

17881-31290 – Hose, Air Cleaner to Throttle (2.5L Engine, 4GR-FSE)
17898-31010 – Creator, Intake Sound
17113-31010 – Pipe, Sound Creator to Intake Hose
96111-10500 – Clamp, Intake Pipe (Qty: 2)
91671-80616 – Bolt (Sound Creator to Pipe)
23841-31100 – Clamp, Fuel Hose

There are a couple of reviews out there that this gives a nice subtle intake noise, as does fitting the F-Sport lower half of the intake box, or doing the DIY F-Sport intake box mod where the hole in the side of the box is replicated.

I am interested if these 2 mods will work together or is the F-Sport box will make the sound creator redundant?

I know there are several people running the F-Sport intakes a at least 1 forum member running the sound creator but has anyone tried combining the 2?

2 hours ago, dougie175 said:

Intake mod done today and sounds great, but I feel there is room for a little extra will be invest in a sound creator and see how the 2 compliment eachother

That sounds good. Is the sound creator from the 3rd Gen IS250?

It'll sound great if you use that one!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, rayaans said:

That sounds good. Is the sound creator from the 3rd Gen IS250?

It'll sound great if you use that one!

The sound creator is from GS250 originally, following someone else doing this mod the parts appear to be a direct fit replacement

http://jun-motor-house.ocnk.net/data/jun-motor-house/product/20121018_6d191f.jpg

Yeah I have seen the BMW system, this is a better system in my opinion though, parts have been ordered to make this work anyway.

Replicating the BMW system would take some fair doing!

Toyota/Subaru have what appears to be the same setup on the GT86 and they pipe the sound pipe through the bulk head into the drivers feet, presume it is a lot louder as most of the sound will be lost getting through the bulk head on the Lexus system