Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Chaved-up ISF

Sorry to report I saw my first chavved-up ISF this weekend in Twickenham.  Dark grey exhaust tips multi-spoke wheels and lowered.  Wasn't so much the look, more the realisation the ISF has now moved into an age and price bracket where chavs can start to get hold of them.  Thankfully with so few ISFs around that won't be a common sight.

Sad times indeed.... but hopefully only on the rare occasion due to the ISF scarcity. Maybe with the limited 'bolt ons' available in max power magazine, they will soon get bored ;-)

yes - I think it'll be a limited sight, although there seem to be quite a few high mileage 08/09s now on the market for 15K (and I think less) so it will tip lower end prices down.  It will be interesting to see how much prices do dip as I think the ISF has done remarkably well with solid pricing up to now.

Sorry Chap - but that's a bit out of line.  Any young guy (with a bad taste in car dressing-up) that can afford a GBP15K car ain't poor!

This is a comment on a certain demographic of person getting into ISF ownership, not rich v poor.

If you are feeling any Corbenesque needs to slam people for their social views there's better pickings for you on some of the Pistonheads threads :)

Yawn.... I had an H&S exhaust on mine and a Takeda air filter, a carbon rear diffuser and carbon win mirror covers and I wouldn't class anyone on this forum following main stream community mods etc. as 'chav'.  I'm referring to young guys raiding the local Halfords and sticking on a load of cheap crap we all know and recognise from the 350Zs and souped-up Fords, Nissans and Vauxhalls we all see.

Enough said from me - if this has piqued further sensitivities from the Lexus massif today I apologise if my reasons for posting my comment are misunderstood by anyone on here :)

Multi spoke wheels may be a factory fit, depending on what they were.
I have also seen standard IS's badged up with a body kit pretending to be an IS-F...

2 hours ago, mikeyv said:

Classy thread, lets join hands and poke fun at poor people.

They are far from poor. Its unbelievable what they can spend on chaving up a Saxo.

Corbanesque?

You have no idea how far from the truth that is, but then why would you, you don't know me, or the people you look down your nose at.

I'm pretty sure a lot on here had questionable taste when they were younger, and wasted money on some right tat, I know I did

Oh, and your right, there are indeed even richer pickings on PH.

Sorry, but I don't care for charmless threads like this one, never have and probably never will.

You carry on though, if it gives you enjoyment.

Toys and Prams come to mind here folks. If you don't like a thread simply don't post on it fella. 

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, doesn't mean you have to agree with it. 

Probably coming across as bit of an a*se (not my usual style/intention) but I suspect not everyone who posts on this forum owns/has owned an ISF.  No prob with that, but kindly respect the views of those that do when they are expressing an opinion as owners on this and other posts in a forum dedicated to this model... :wallbash:

16 minutes ago, Grey One said:

Probably coming across as bit of an a*se (not my usual style/intention) but I suspect not everyone who posts on this forum owns/has owned an ISF.  No prob with that, but kindly respect the views of those that do when they are expressing an opinion as owners on this and other posts in a forum dedicated to this model... :wallbash:

Of course, you're the bloke who wanted the ISF forum to have it's own general chat area.

I can see why now, it must be awful for you, having to rub along with us oiks.

1 hour ago, mikeyv said:

Of course, you're the bloke who wanted the ISF forum to have it's own general chat area.

I can see why now, it must be awful for you, having to rub along with us oiks.

Hopefully sarcasm?

Yikes! :help:

As the owner of probably the most modified F in the UK, if not Europe, I actually do see where the op was coming from.

Unlike my car, people buying these and using low quality, inferior parts do cheapen the pedigree in my opinion.

There are for example no Halfords parts on my car apart from the Bosch windscreen wiper blades:wink3:

I have spent almost as much on modifying my car as I did buying it! The challenge for me has been sourcing good quality parts to enhance the look, performance, handling without going too boy racer on it.

It won't be to everyone's taste, but that really doesn't worry me. I've had far more compliments than criticisms, but it's about achieving what I want, and making me happy. 

I also enjoy the challenge of developing the car as somewhat of a pioneer. It's actually a lot more challenging and costly than some may think, as you can't get generic parts off the shelf to achieve what I want.

I guess all I'm trying to say is calm it down guys. :surrender:

Everyone is entitled to their opinions. I don't lose sleep over whether someone likes my F or not. Neither should you.

I often look back over old photos of cars and cry with laughter at what I deemed cool when I was younger. Each to their own though.

A lot of people say to me how amazed they are that my car is a Lexus, as they too follow the typical stereotype that Lexus are for old people, and they've never seen a Lexus like mine.

I may not like how you've painted your house, but I'm not the one that lives with it! :wink:

I probably spend at least £10K a year on my car. I also own a 5 bedroom house, and support a wife and two kids.

Nothing chav about it, but it makes me happy.

Life is too short guys. Just let it go. 

• Like 3

Hi Peter - absolutely!  You are an enthusiast who loves modifying his car.  What has really p*ssed me off about this thread is that non-ISF owners have started trolling the rest of us on what is a 'domestic' discussion.  I think there's something inherently sad about people making such comments in others model/marque forums.  Let's not get brow-beaten by these morons!  I know in the UK we have an open Lexus forum and I welcome that, I just don't stick my nose into other people's threads not relevant to me and wish others would do the same.

That being said, have you had any more thoughts on getting PPE headers?

Cheers

1 hour ago, Grey One said:

Hi Peter - absolutely!  You are an enthusiast who loves modifying his car.  What has really p*ssed me off about this thread is that non-ISF owners have started trolling the rest of us on what is a 'domestic' discussion.  I think there's something inherently sad about people making such comments in others model/marque forums.  Let's not get brow-beaten by these morons!  I know in the UK we have an open Lexus forum and I welcome that, I just don't stick my nose into other people's threads not relevant to me and wish others would do the same.

Cheers

Oh dear, that really is an awful post.

Yours faithfully, a moron, apparently!

I was an IS-f owner, and love them. I'm only interested in the IS-F so very rarely post outside the IS-F section. Why is my opinion less valid? Anyway I'm out if this is the way it is.

8 hours ago, Grey One said:

Cheers

Hi,

Yes, PPE headers are next on my ever growing list of future modifications! :thumbsup:

I was fortunate to source some custom PPE midpipes from the US forum for a good price. Nice thing is they have high performance cats already welded into the pipes, so that will keep me legal once I add the PPE headers at a later date.

The cats are as non-restrictive as you can get so shouldn't steal too many HP off the gains I get from the headers. :thumbup1:

Other nice thing is they are also 2.5' like the H&S system I am running. Pretty sure H&S will be able to marry them up to the existing system pretty easily. They are also going to fit my headers for me to see what's involved in that process.

Should help any future owners who decide they want to extract more power (headers are probably the best HP gain you can buy at present).

Just need to save some more cash to buy them, and pay for the install! :smile:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links