Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi all

I would assume this question as been asked before but i cant find refrence to it

What  tyre pressure do you gents run  your  450s on the reason i ask is that at around 75 i get a bit of vibration at the front doesnt seem to be from the steering wheel and i had the balance checked and that was ok

the pressure on mine is 36 all round but when i bought the car the dealer said after i noticed the fronts  were a bit worn he would put new tyres on front well he did,  but the tyres are named Radar which i have never heard of.

The car runs great upto 75 then this vibration starts as though the tyres are not running true i dont usually go beyond 75/80 its not massive vibration i would say its a harsh ride really i did think to drop to 34 but they are low profile as you all know and thought it would make the tyre walls a bit wobbly

TIA

Robert

I'm sure on 18" the pressures are quite high, I usually put in around 40.

mine on occasion has become shaky and a quick wheel balance seems to resolve it.

these cars do seem a little prone to having the wheels balanced correctly.

one of the lead weights falls off and you soon know.

i was always told vibration through steering wheel is front wheels and vibration through seat is rear wheels.

carl

Yes Mark i do at my speeds its 36 but when i bought the car it was pressured at 31 all round im sure that that is too low so i pumped up to 36 and got the harsh ride , It was not harsh when i drove it on pre sale but i did drive steady in it and only once took it up to about 60.

My old gs300 ran very good at 32 all round but they were 17in wheels

it does seem to be ok running at 34 ive now put in but as you remarked it is a heavy car and i may leave the fronts at 34 and increase rear to 36 i just thought someone may have experimented and saved me reinventing wheel so to speak

Thanks all

• 4 months later...
  • 3 years later...
On 3/22/2016 at 7:33 AM, KayCee said:

Hi all

I would assume this question as been asked before but i cant find refrence to it

What  tyre pressure do you gents run  your  450s on the reason i ask is that at around 75 i get a bit of vibration at the front doesnt seem to be from the steering wheel and i had the balance checked and that was ok

the pressure on mine is 36 all round but when i bought the car the dealer said after i noticed the fronts  were a bit worn he would put new tyres on front well he did,  but the tyres are named Radar which i have never heard of.

The car runs great upto 75 then this vibration starts as though the tyres are not running true i dont usually go beyond 75/80 its not massive vibration i would say its a harsh ride really i did think to drop to 34 but they are low profile as you all know and thought it would make the tyre walls a bit wobbly

TIA

Robert

That's  budget tyres for you there's a reason there cheap . Had same with gs430 sport  chased the wobble as they were brand new budgets even swopped wheels then put some branded tyres on and he presto no wobble 

Have you had the rear wheels checked for balance. I lost some wieghts on a rear wheel after hitting a deep puddle on the near side at speed. I then noticed a slight vibration at 70 + mph. Re-balancing that wheel cured the problem.

I run my GS at 40 psi although I think 35 psi is the recommended. However I do find the shoulders of the tyres tend to ware at the correct setting, and this is alleviated at the higher pressure. It does not seem to affect ride comfort at that level.

John.