Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Intro: Bought my first Lexus 57 LS600hl

Soulfiremage

Hello all, yet another newbie here with my first Lexus.

My best mate has one and tbh I fancied her ever since I did a day driving for him. Nothing else for it but to find one of my own. Autotrader to the rescue. I bought this beautiful lady from a nice guy in Leicester. I'm afraid I'm one of those special folks that have names for their cars, she's no exception: she's called Shamaya :)

The only thing I would like to do is upgrade the Sat-nav screen, hardware and software to something far newer - I'm a computer guy so that's only natural. I don't suppose anyone has any advice on that do they?

FullSizeRender.jpg

• Like 1

Hi Soulfiremage and welcome to the LOC, we are a friendly bunch and some of us even know how to pull them to bits and put them back together again, with of course the one bolt and washer left over.

We recommend you spend a couple of mins looking over the rules of the LOC, we will be asking questions later.

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/terms-conditions/

Regards Mike

• Like 1

Thank you folks.

Of course I posted just before a hectic day at work and haven't had chance to check back in since - email notifications aren't coming through.

She's got 36,000 miles on her - considering her year, seems remarkably low. Feels so much like a new car. I just find her lovely tbh.

On 3/25/2016 at 11:00 AM, stevet said:

Great cars and will go forever. High miles nothing to them. Never known anyone change the mm unit before, keep us posted.

My mate has ran two of them and the first went on to 160,000 mile before he decided to change.

I'm convinced she's happier after waxing or maybe I'm just projecting after spending quite a long time rubbing acres of black panels. Either way, she's a bit prettier this way.

Does anyone recommend anything longer lasting than Autoglym Polish? 

2016-03-28_17.35.55.jpg

• Like 1

The ceramic is what I'd like for certain, once I've done the best I can with cleaning, and claying. You wouldn't have any recommendation would you?

I used to polish boats with G3 then G10- a very fine cut the latter is. I notice that faracla seem to be using G3 as a sort of brand now for a bunch of stuff. 

I do have a small dilemma over bodywork-I see one tiny hole that looks like it's rusted that needs doing. The dilemma is get the spray kit from Lexus and do it myself or rely on a third party. Not certain at all ATM as I've not done much bodywork for a long time and it's black, so I need to do a perfect job. 

A spray sealant such as Gtechniq C2 is really worth trying. You could do the whole car in 20mins yet will last for months and fine over SRP. Layer it for even better performance.   

• Like 1