Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

LED headslights

8 minutes ago, DanD said:

IS300hLEDs1.jpgNot sure why the LEDs are not available in Europe for the IS when you can get them on other Lexus models...

thats lexus being lexus and because they can,the original CT in the uk didn't come with a space saver wheel

yet in America the spare wheel was standard ,the uk had to wait until the facelift before the space saver

wheel came as standard.

Hi DanD. the pic of the white IS with LEDś could be my car. Identical. i am driving happily around in Holland so LEDś are available in Europe, no problem.

i have been driving a SAAB 9-3 latest model for 4 yrs and the Xenons on that car were the best headlights i ever had, almost frightening, Before my recent IS300h i drove a 320 BMW from 2013 fitted with xenons and that was just average, nothing more. The LEDś i now have on the IS are ok, nice white light and in town just very good. 

i do think there is an issue with driving in the pitchdark on the highway, they just dont reach that far in front of the car so i am tempted to switch on the main beam which in turn blinds other drivers. same on B roads. This seems to be a common thing reading comments so maybe it will be adressed in the midlife update? 

1 hour ago, 200h said:

thats lexus being lexus and because they can,the original CT in the uk didn't come with a space saver wheel

yet in America the spare wheel was standard ,the uk had to wait until the facelift before the space saver

wheel came as standard.

But... if you opt for the sunroof you can't have the space saver - something to do with weight apparently.

45 minutes ago, dutchie01 said:

i am driving happily around in Holland so LEDś are available in Europe, no problem.

It odd because the Dutch configuration shows HID`s as standard and no mention of  an LED option. Then again my grasp of Dutch is rather basic!!

LEDs are standard here in Norway too, for all but the lowest trim level I believe.

I have had one loaner IS300h with HIDs and thought they may give more light, the beam pattern of the LEDs looks more crisp and well defined.  Actually I am very happy with the low beam performance of the LEDs, but the high beam could benefit from more light.

-Tore

On Lexus Australia they have a spec called Sports Luxury which has HID headlights no option for LED`s.  Lexus New Zealand also has "Sports Luxury" with LED`s as standard. Both RHD countries to so why no LED`s in the UK??

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links