Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

A recurrent theme in a number of threads has been the impact that a larger petrol motor might have on NX performance, economy and refinement (ideally coupled with a plug-in Li-ion electric component). This might go two ways however. First, dropping the RX450h drivetrain into the NX – if it fits – would create a super-premium NX, and it’s easy to see Lexus product planners pricing this into the high £40Ks, mindful of the price differential between GS300h and GS450h pricing, giving a competitor to high-end Macans and F-Paces.  Second, however, is a detuned V6 which might be a more appropriate base engine for the NX, with a much more modest price increase over the current L4 2.5 litre. This could deliver similar or better fuel economy & CO2 emissions (mindful of the NX-rivalling figures for the new RX), with gains in driveability and, possibly, performance; and further differentiation from the RAV4 hybrid.  I’m guessing that the second scenario is the one which might be of more interest to current NX customers, but whether it makes sense in marketing terms is another matter.

I'm not clever enough in these matters to know what the drive train combination should be but show me an NX plug in hybrid and I'd be signing up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

The 450h setup would drop in no problem from the RX. Now they wouldn't put this anywhere near RX price as it'll eat into RX sales which they dont want. Essentially, a detuned 450h setup to around 270hp would be perfect for the NX and considering the RX now does 51mpg (on the combined cycle), Lexus have no excuse not to drop it into the NX!

It would still probably do about 35mpg anyway which is plentiful for an SUV.

An NX450h F-Sport with HUD, Pan roof, memory seats and ML - Id buy it tomorrow! - even though it has that crappy ceiling seat belt thing which really annoys me!

I can see it in the rear view mirror when it's on and it's not great for whoever sits in the middle as it comes across at an awkward angle. Kids complained it catches on their neck. Also, it's fiddly to use. 

Can't figure out why they just didn't use a conventional setup for the belt, if it's not broke don't try to fix it!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links