Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi Forum

I am wondering if anyone can give me a bit of advice in respect to Satnav on the IS220d, i am thinking of upgrading to a 2009 model 220D but it does not have the satnav upgrade so i am 

wondering if i purchased this model is it possible to buy the satnav unit and just fit it or does this require a wiring loom on this model as well ?

It is a really lovely car but i would really love to have a sat nav unit as well.

Would appreciate any advice from anyone who has been there or maybe done this themselves 

Regards

Mike.

Hi Madasahatter

Ok thanks for reply i was worried about that , sucks they do not just install it with original install just in case someone wanted to upgrade.

The dash does not seem to be the best for mounting a hands free one either ...

Yeah sucks, i like the car inside in it but shame about satnav, might just hold off and see if i can get a sat nav model.

Are you just using a dash mount one now ?

No i dont like things obstructing my view. I have nothing on the screen, apart from my dash cam which is behind the mirror.

I wish i had held out for an sel model, but its not the end of the world. Think the hifi is better not sure thou. But must say its an awesome stereo anyway.

Yep i noticed that there was a cracking sat nav in the car alright , not sure which way to go now will wait and see what turn up maybe ...

Amazing there are no aftermarket models available lexus must have made it too difficult to get the modules to match the steering control etc.

Have seen some youtube vids on people replacing them but they all seem to be US and the 250model so not sure if that allows a straight swap or not.

Try finding se l mm model will have sat Nav plus dvd player plus lot more extras, as far as I know if sat Nav comes out of same yr and same spec is220d,  should fit.u can get sat Nav from breakers or eBay for approximately 500-600.just ask them before u purchase it, but if u want to save hassle and time buy sel mm spec,ur gonna pay slightly more for mm spec, but sometimes se spec also comes with sat Nav.good luck 

Hi Ahmedali44

Thanks for your reply much appreciated , i would like to think what you have suggested will work but i have seen nothing up to now to prove that it seems most guys say that the wiring loom will not fit which is a shame as i love the car, can i ask if you have had experience of swapping one in or heard of anyone who has done this on the 2009 model ?

Me not personally but I'm sure someone on forum must have an idea if u can change it, I had 2006 is220d se-l without sat Nav, I didn't really try to change it but did consider it but decided to sell it due to dpf issues and wasn't driving it enough and now I got is250 se-i with sat Nav.

Just saw a video on utube when he changed normal to sat Nav only problem is its not in English, but u can see what he is doing, he just added screen by removing top part @ adding screen and used new block to existing wiring to convert into sat Nav and it worked.navitech automotives done it.so it must be possible to buy complete block to convert into sat nav

I thought about adding an aftermarket sat nav from China, but realised it wasn't worth the effort and chance of it failing, so just use waze on my phone. I had an is300h for the day while mine was in for a service, and found the built in sat nav so fiddly and oversensitive, I was glad to get back to my user friendly waze. Dash mounted using one of these http://www.amazon.co.uk/Holder-Magnetic-Cradle-holder-Iphone-Samsung-smartphone/dp/B0177QEIL6?ie=UTF8&refRID=K8DN1DBX9G0MXH202JMF&ref_=pd_bia_yo_t_1, which pushed into centre vent, puts the phone in an ideal position

Hi there

Yeah have had experience of one of the Chinese makes and would not go there again it was total crap ..

I might just go for non sat nav version or might just hang back until one comes on the secondhand market ...

Missed out on a really nice 2008 model recently ..gone the day before I called ..grrr.

Anyway I also see an option for a holder that slots onto the CD /DVD outlet to hole phone/sat nav so that is another option ..

Appreciate reply thanks ...